Table Rock - Dewey Short Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VCossel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The family is going to Table Rock – Dewey Short this weekend (08/14/10) and we were wondering what the temperatures were?
(Went to Blue Lake Oronogo last weekend and dove a 7mm in 65 deg at 24’ very comfortable, dove with a hood and gloves in 46 deg at 90’ also toasty.)

We have not been to Table Rock – Is a dive flag suggested/needed/required at Dewey Short?

The family is going to Table Rock – Dewey Short this weekend (08/14/10) and we were wondering what the temperatures were?
(Went to Blue Lake Oronogo last weekend and dove a 7mm in 65 deg at 24’ very comfortable, dove with a hood and gloves in 46 deg at 90’ also toasty.)

We have not been to Table Rock – Is a dive flag suggested/needed/required at Dewey Short?

Its a public waterway so a dive flag is required. You should not in theory though have to worry about boats since its roped off but hey boaters are people too! LOL

As far at temps they should be warmer then 65 degrees though I have not been there yet. Tenkiller was 72 on the bottom and quiet cozy for a 5 mil :)

I myself am going to table rock this coming weekend with the boat and in hopes of sneaking in a great boat dive :) :).

I have not had the pleasure of going to Table Rock yet either. is Dewey Short the local dive spot?

I have not had the pleasure of going to Table Rock yet either. is Dewey Short the local dive spot?

Dewey Short is the most diver friendly spot on table rock. It buts up against the dam which is a bottom flow. Since its flow is nearly 300 feet or greater deep and the gates well over 200 feet from shore it makes for a neat diving spot. Its one of the only dams in the country you can swim right up to and touch the dam.

With a stair case leading down to the waters edge and a rock formation going in to the water it makes gearing up and entries and exits very simple. Also the park is free and within 20 minutes of Branson making a unique vacation for divers both in and out of the water!

That is amazing you can roll right up to the dam! on any of the lake I run on its way out of the question. this will have to be on my hit list. Thanks!

No problem :) Hope to hear about the adventures when you do :) Just like the dam site near beaver youll see alot of certifications going on there too as its a local hot spot :)

Ya Beaver gets really really packed at times, but always good diving.

Thanks for the info
Made the trip and had a good time
Some more information on Dewey Short
Opens at 6:00 AM
Needed a light below the first thermo-cline
My computer read 89Deg @ 15ft, 60 Deg @ 45 ft and 55 Deg @ 60'
Also dove Moonshine Beach
$5.00 for a parking pass and a little rough to get to the ledge but still a fun dive, max depth of 28'
Booked a boat dive with the people at State Park Marina – had a good time, was an easy way to get a boat dive in and have someone show you a dive site

Thanks for the info
Made the trip and had a good time
Some more information on Dewey Short
Opens at 6:00 AM
Needed a light below the first thermo-cline
My computer read 89Deg @ 15ft, 60 Deg @ 45 ft and 55 Deg @ 60'
Also dove Moonshine Beach
$5.00 for a parking pass and a little rough to get to the ledge but still a fun dive, max depth of 28'
Booked a boat dive with the people at State Park Marina – had a good time, was an easy way to get a boat dive in and have someone show you a dive site

Hey its all about having fun when you go diving. All too often you will run into a macho diver and this board has its fair share of them so be careful on here not to get bit LOL.

Im glad you had a blast too. We were out on Table rock this past weekend and though diving was neal the fun we had was out of this world. It actually turned into a trip saver! it put all of our salty family members back into good spirits!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom