Table for reg service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're going to be working on a lot of regulators then size does matter. My table is a folding table about 6' long by 3' wide (maybe a little more.) I prefer to stand up when I'm working so I've boosted the height to accommodate me. The table must be sturdy enough to support a vise that will have some pressure applied to it in all directions. Have all your tools on a peg board or something similar so they are handy. One end of my bench is the business end where the teardowns/rebuilds take place-the other has my flow bench.

If you're just going to DIY your regulators every now and then-just get some newspaper and towels (thanks Aleks) and chuck up the vise onto the dinning room table when the wife's not home. ;-)

If you're going to be working on a lot of regulators then size does matter. My table is a folding table about 6' long by 3' wide (maybe a little more.) I prefer to stand up when I'm working so I've boosted the height to accommodate me. The table must be sturdy enough to support a vise that will have some pressure applied to it in all directions. Have all your tools on a peg board or something similar so they are handy. One end of my bench is the business end where the teardowns/rebuilds take place-the other has my flow bench.

If you're just going to DIY your regulators every now and then-just get some newspaper and towels (thanks Aleks) and chuck up the vise onto the dinning room table when the wife's not home. ;-)

Just doing my own regs so enough space for them.

I bought an antifatigue mat from Amazon that is a bright color so I can see small parts (clear shims) if they fall out and they stay put. They don't roll off the mat like a solid surface.
1666710707842.png

1666710664421.png

https://www.amazon*com/dp/B0B19WF313?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

*change to .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom