Table for reg service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm thinking of making a folding table for personal reg servicing.

My question is what should the table top be?

Really anything you want. But I would maybe just stay away from metal since this might scratch some parts.
If it was me I would just go with wood or some kind of countertop composite, but wood is cheap and easy to work with and modify latter. Lost of people just use large mouse pads to service regs on. Usually better if you get a non black color, easier to see small back o-rings on.

1664146770335.png

So what size table?

I'm thinking of making a folding table for personal reg servicing.

My question is what should the table top be?

Whatever suits you, is really the correct answer; just ensure that parts cannot be easily lost.

Once hoses are removed, scuba equipment doesn't really require much real estate to service. Space for a vise mount of some form would be a good idea; but aside from that, whatever works.

In years past, while living alone, a kitchen table saw heavy use; but more recently, I have used a sizable Husky multi-drawer toolbox on wheels with about a meter wide by about half meter wood tabletop, with neoprene work mats . . .

I just use a regular wooden top desk (pine, so it's soft) with a neoprene pad on top. doesn't need to be fancy

Use whatever you want for the rigid top. But then glue down or place some polyester felt or very low pile carpet of some sort. One that doesn’t shed any fibers. This is so parts don’t roll around and roll off or if you drop or fumble a part it won’t bounce off a hard surface. They make counter liners specifically for this purpose.

in my humble experiense the best table is thick newspaper :)
1664182810340.png

It helps to dry after washing, keep the table from grease smears, soft enough, and has not fibers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom