T2 and another transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt738

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I have had my Garmin for about three years and really like it. But as I get older it’s harder to see the screen so I have been thinking of getting a bigger computer to wear Shearwater or Ratio. Yes it would be overkill but don’t want to give up my watch as I like the data and want to keep building on what I have stored. Wondering if having two different transmitters off the tank with a tee is ever done.

I've seen it done, but not a fan, and serves no real purpose IMO. With your stated goals, I'd pick up a perdix2 or peregrine tx with a swift transmitter, sell the T2 garmin transceiver to offset the cost a little, and run the garmin on my left wrist as a non-ai backup computer.

If I wanted redundant cylinder pressure, I'd use an analog spg, not a second ai transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom