T&C Trip Next Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxroc

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. Just registered after combing the board for info every now and then over the past few months. Lot of well informed, experienced people here.

My wife and I are certified divers without a ton of experience- 5 days diving total.

We have a chance to take a last minute trip to T&C next week. Never been there before. We would be staying at the Ocean Club and would probably dive with Caicos Adventures for two days.

Since we have no experience with the island, the hotel or the dive operator, maybe some folks here who have some experience with any or all of them might share some thoughts and advice.

Much appreciated.

advice? - if you're going for a week, dive for more than 2 days! :)

Do a search on the board for TCI information. Consider asking Fifi at Caicos Adventures to hire Asa or Cunard as a private DM for the first day. You will be more comfortable.

When I stayed at Ocean Club, as a brand new diver, I had a great experience with Provo Turtle Divers who are based right out of the resort.

colby:
When I stayed at Ocean Club, as a brand new diver, I had a great experience with Provo Turtle Divers who are based right out of the resort.

Thanks for the info, very interesting.

I looked at both operation's web sites and CA struck me as slightly more official/professional, but we all know how hard it can be to discern that sort of thing from a website.

Can you tell me a little about your experience with PTD? How many people were on your boat? How many dive masters? Anything else important you think we should know.

Thanks in advance.

As for only diving two days, we're going next week, but the trip is only for four days:wink:

Stick with Caicos Adventures you will not be disappointed. I have dove with them for the past few years and have never had or heard of anyone having a bad outing with them. I was not impressed (I don't want to bad moputh them)with PTD so I would not consider diving with that operator.
You don't need to hire a DM privately just tell the crew your reasonably new and would like to go with the newer divers as they usually break the groups up by experience levels.
Have fun and if your lucky you might get to see a Humpback whale as they are migrating past the sites FiFi dives on at West Caicos and French Cay or Sandborne Channel area.
PM me if you would like more imfo.

I have dove with both CA and PTD. They are both very professional ops. The big difference IMHO is the dive platform. Fifi's boat is simply the best.

maxroc:
Thanks for the info, very interesting.

I looked at both operation's web sites and CA struck me as slightly more official/professional, but we all know how hard it can be to discern that sort of thing from a website.

Can you tell me a little about your experience with PTD? How many people were on your boat? How many dive masters? Anything else important you think we should know.

Thanks in advance.

As for only diving two days, we're going next week, but the trip is only for four days:wink:

Sure,

The three days I dove with PTD, I was on the smaller of their boats, there was no more than 6-8 divers and there were 2-3 DM. Natalie did my checkout dives while I was down there, and I was extremely pleased with how well she put me at ease as a new diver. The sites we went to were well suited for both new and experienced divers, and I would gladly go back and use them again.

Agree. Please search my prior posting in 9/05 and answers regarding Fifi under my ID. Enjoy

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated. Seems like they're both quality operations. Think I'll stick with CA for this trip. I'll be sure to let you know how things go. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom