Question Sydney Australia in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacDuyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading to Sydney in July, looking for some family friendly land “must do’s” and a solid diving charter in the Sydney Area (bringing own gear w a drysuit)

Diving: comfortable with deep dives, drift dives. NITROX preferred w photography opportunities.

I love wrecks, but I’m still pretty new to drysuit, so I think I’m gonna pass on them till I get more comfortable in it.

I used to live in Sydney from 2018 to 2020 and did dives with both Dive Center Manly and Pro Dive but I wouldn't say anything in Sydney is a cannot miss and can be fairly expensive paying normal rates. Water in July will probably be 15-16 degrees Centigrade and the visibility is usually not all that great but there is a lot of wildlife, most of my diving was out of Manly. Cabbage tree bay aquatic reserve is a descent shore dive but not very deep and you could probably see a lot of the stuff just by snorkeling.

The problem I ran in with boat dives is the water can get quite choppy in some places depending on where the wind is coming from so you can never really makes plans for a specific site very far in advance.

Back
Top Bottom