Switching nitrox to air...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panadero

Reaction score
Hi all...

Well, last weekend I saw this shiny new tank (fabrication date jan 07). It was at a used sport equipment store. But there was a huge green and yellow sticker "nitrox ready"

Im reading and reading and cant find a short and concise answer :dork2: (sorry)
I dont care about nitrox. Can I just switch it to air?!!! :D

Thks...:coffee:

Don't even need to pull the nitrox sticker off. Just make sure you label it for it's contents.

yep, what the others have said

i have about 8 tanks, all but 1 is nitrox and they are fine to use with either air or nitrox

cheers

=) thnks a looot!!

By the way.. I dive in baja a lot. Anyone?!?!
Im gonna be diving there from sep-oct!!
I need a dive buddy =P

I just took a steel in to the dive shop that was used for Nitrox. NO PROBLEMS - Just to take off the stickers and fill it up. While the sticker removal is not always necessary - most stores prefer it so there isn't a mis-fill. Just don't remove the vis sticker.

So:
Nitrox --> Air = Okay
Air --> Nitrox - requires special cleaning before it can be converted.

Yeah... thanks u all....
So:

Nitrox --> Air = Okay
Air --> Nitrox - requires special cleaning before it can be converted.

Thats ALL I needed =P

dawnskies:
so you can change any tank into either air or nitrox as long as it is marked for it? (Questioning specifically for an AL80)

yes you can. air to nitrox needs to be O2 cleaned. nitrox to air is no problem. if your shop pumps grade E quality air you can even fill your nitrox tanks up with regular air and dont have to get it cleaned to go back to nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom