Swimsuit under Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this really the technical term??? Hahahaha
In Italian we did call it "proteggi palle", so it is a literal translation. I do not know if there is a specific English name for this protective device, nor if its usage is mandatory for water polo also in US.
This is a very though sport here...

In Italian we did call it "proteggi palle", so it is a literal translation. I do not know if there is a specific English name for this protective device, nor if its usage is mandatory for water polo also in US.

In Zoviet Rusha the balls break your knee. We were more concerned with grabbing and pulling, hence the smallest and tightest speedos you could get away with. Usually two in case they still manage to grab and pull one away.

All the Philippino guys I dive with walk around in boxer underwear.

Hahaha, no kidding... I see it all the time out here.

Personally, when I wear wetsuit, I'm a fan of the Jammers. Square cut or long cut doesn't really matter, but it keeps everything in place, is modest enough for "on lookers", and doesn't bunch up. I also think it's much more appropriate than the fat guys in speedos.... I just cannot get those images out of my head fast enough.....

In cricket it is called a box.

Most I know wear sluggos, budgie smugglers or, as you call them, Speedos.

(a) should not bunch when pulling wetsuit up; (b) allows some freedom of movement for the boys; and (c) not a speedo.

For years I used a suit that I picked up in a dive shop - akin to a skin, it had very short square legs (maybe a 3 inch inseam) with with a piece of material in the front that acted as a liner. After a few dives the very short legs would bunch up so when I took my wetsuit off, it looked like I was wearing briefs - the legs were loose fitting and just wouldn't stay on my skinny upper legs and I was constantly pulling the legs down.

Now I'm using Speedo jammers - only 18 dives in with them , but no problems. Cut the tag out so I don't remember the material, but I'm thinking a polyester/lycra mix with no liner. Quick drying and have stayed in position well. Purchased at a Dick's Sporting Goods as I wanted to be able to try it on before buying.

How about skinny guys in speedos?

.... Well, I guess it is a bit better... Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to body shame anyone, but I've seen way too many fat old Russian guys wearing speedos in the resorts' restaurant at all hours of the day for their entire stay. Even the staff was "talking amongst themselves" away from the seating area.... Nothing against Russians, or folks with a belly, I just happen to know that the particular group of guys at one of our local resorts were Siberian-Russian.... :rofl3:

Edit to add: Admittedly, this has only been a two-time occurrence, at neighboring resorts, but believe me, the image is hard to forget... LOL

boxer shorts

.... Well, I guess it is a bit better... Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to body shame anyone, but I've seen way too many fat old Russian guys wearing speedos in the resorts' restaurant at all hours of the day for their entire stay. Even the staff was "talking amongst themselves" away from the seating area.... Nothing against Russians, or folks with a belly, I just happen to know that the particular group of guys at one of our local resorts were Siberian-Russian.... :rofl3:

Edit to add: Admittedly, this has only been a two-time occurrence, at neighboring resorts, but believe me, the image is hard to forget... LOL

When I went to roatan it was same with the European divers.

I cover myself as soon as the wetsuit is off to dry out and the shorts or jeans go on. I don't wander around in just my skimpy speedo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom