Sweet New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL too funny.

I measured 46F at Furry Creek yesterday. My dry-glove flooded, and it sucked.

I don't know how you do a wetsuit in Van. I get cold just thinking about it......

Attachments

• shiver.gif
    shiver.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 85
Roko,

It is cold, but its not that bad, I find the coldest part is getting out of the suit afterwards. How deep where you at Furry Creek? I had 48F at the Cut Monday night

wetsuit You are talkin a J type oneil, I have been diving one for 2 years, over 500 dives and is holding up great, protect the velcroe as it will stick to suit and start wearing

I wear 22# and could go 20 or 18 with steel tanks depending on BCD/BP/w or BP or monkey/sidemount, so the 22# gives me just a bit more to go down faster and yet light enough, I used a scubapro 6.5 jumpsuit before that at a 17# belt, Just I was going to past 200' so got this J type suit.

For a little more warmth wear a lycra also, the j with hood there is little water to enter. Best wet suit for coldwater diving I have ever worn, and I am a avid wet suit diver.

Because of boat and 200' dives i am in drysuit as of over a week now, I will have to do a wet once a week to keep skin conditioned(love my saltwater bathes).

I would have loved to get the J type, but it's been discontinued and I can't find my size anymore.

Roko,

It is cold, but its not that bad, I find the coldest part is getting out of the suit afterwards. How deep where you at Furry Creek? I had 48F at the Cut Monday night

I got to about 105ft, but It seemed to remain that temp throughout most of the water column. Unfortunately my computer's temperature sensor is very slow to respond to changes....

TBH, I think I need a new hood that fits better, I suspect I'm a loosing a lot of heat through there.

VooDooGasMan,
Last Monday I tried 9lb on my belt with 5lb back plate with steel 120sq so a total of 21lb which I found was not enough to stay down for a safety stop
so for the next dive I was going to add 2lb. I' am also a big fan of the attached hood stopping the flow of water down my back and chest for the most part. Now I just need to do something about my feet and were set.

Jak Crow,
I lucked out there was only one left at my LDS and some how it was my size

Roko,
I agree the temp. sensor for my computer had 48f at 133, it's a suunto gekko and I don't have a lot of faith in it
Maybe try a thicker hood with out a zippier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom