Sweet New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good evening

Just picked up a new O'Neill wetsuit for the winter season and figured that this time I'll take care of it more then its' predecessor
so what I'am looking for are any tips on wetsuit care and treatment?

Also does anyone have any idea about how this would effect my buoyancy?
With my last suit I only needed five pounds on my belt, five pound backplate and steel 120, I'am thinking of adding an extra four pounds and see what happens.

Thanks for any advice

I just dove my first 7 mm john suit. I normally dive 12 lbs with my 3/2 O'Neil and aluminium 80. Today I had to dive 30lbs just to get under water. I am diving a 7mm neosport suit FWIW. I dove a steel 80 and was much more able to get under. Hth

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

THRonin,
Thanks, I might up what i was planning to add to 10 pounds for the belt since it looks like you were using 12 pounds and diving with a steel 80

Jak Crow,
It's all in the mind, the wet suit is 12mm for the core and 7mm for the rest, my last wet suit was probably down to 5mm being ten years old and such, what do you use in Livermore?

[video=youtube;KqKWgEgMrbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKWgEgMrbU&feature=player_detailpage#t=43 s[/video]

Go diving lots dude, sweet!

Pretty much the same. I mainly use a Mares Flexa 8.6.5 w/ a Pinnacle 7/5 hooded vest, and with this, I'll start feeling the chill a bit when the water temp is around 48 in Monterey. What's the temp like there?

Jak Crow,
It's all in the mind, the wet suit is 12mm for the core and 7mm for the rest, my last wet suit was probably down to 5mm being ten years old and such, what do you use in Livermore?

W4L the biggest thing I noticed, and have to get worked out, is my trim. I'm rock solid with my 3/2 but I have to work like crazy to keep my stability with this setup. I've also noticed that my 32lb wing is somewhat slow to lift (for obvious reasons) and once I head up I'm quick to have to dump air quick or I'm a rocket to the the surface. HTH.

Jac Crow,
Around 48 to 50 at depth, maybe 52 to 56 at the surface

TNRonin,
Thanks more to think on with weight, planning to do some experimenting Monday night with an Al 80

Good luck. When you get it figured let me know so I can use your advise. The best I can figure my "bubble " has to be large and when I change depth the expansion or compression of said bubble causes a radical change in bouy.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom