Swamper's Get Together - June 25-27 Lake Travis/Mansfield Dam Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
We are new to the group and so post to threads is still getting worked out for me. I am so glad to be able to talk to other divers in Texas. Sure wish we could come this weekend. Some of our diving ends up being spur of the moment ( if everyone delivers before expected, I am a midwife and constantly on call) and some very planned. My work keeps us from being able to just go to much. I recently let my hubby know that after being a midwife for 16 years I have finally found something that I love almost as much being a midwife! And you would be suprised how similar they are.
Enjoy yourselves this weekend, BTW we live in the Midland/Odessa area not even any swamps around here to dive.
Kelli
Kelli

I will be at Dive Pod #1 and will be up there early Saturday AM. Doubt I will have much time for pleasure diving but will be good to link up names and faces

NDH:
One more ?. Where can I rent a tank up their? See everyone tomorrow. We can't decide on camping or hotel. Is their a hotel near by.

When I dive at Lake Travis, I usually stay in Round Rock. There are several hotels along the I-35 corridor before you make the turnoff heading toward Travis.

NDH:
One more ?. Where can I rent a tank up their? See everyone tomorrow. We can't decide on camping or hotel. Is their a hotel near by.

Dive Texas is very close to the dive site. If I was from out of town, that would be the most convenient place to rent tank.

As for lodging, if you want to stay close to the dive site, there are a few options, but the one that comes to mind is the Mountain Star Lodge. Compared to some other places listed here, seems reasonable. Of course, if you stay off I35, it will be less expensive. But a further drive.

Thanks everyone! Leaving this morning hoping to find less rain in Austin. Before long we are going to need our gear to go anywhere here in Houston. We pick a hotel off of 183 and should be at the lake this afternoon to do some diving. Hope to see ya'll their!

Wonder if NDH is bringing the rain with him from Houston!! It was all sunny just a bit ago! We were shooting for a twilight dive after work today, so hopefully this mess will blow out soon .... if not see you in the AM .... anyone know what time they plan to show up?

Alan drives a regular beige Blazer with an Ocean's Window as well as a Dive World sticker on the back ....

I'm gonna try and make it but I'm on call this weekend so I'm not sure, but I'd really love to finally meet some swampers and get some dives in. Is someone gonna post some signs or something so that I know which group of divers are the swampers or is there something I should look for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom