Swamper's Get Together - June 25-27 Lake Travis/Mansfield Dam Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something has come up and we won't be able to attend. Ya'll have a great time!

We were wondering if most of the group was still a go, with all the rain and everything. One ? since we have never dived Travis lake, what happens if they open the flood gates? And does anyone have the conditions of the lake? Like that ? really matters, I've got to get wet. 4 weeks and not a drop of water on my wet suit, I believe its going to dry rot.

NDH:
We were wondering if most of the group was still a go, with all the rain and everything. One ? since we have never dived Travis lake, what happens if they open the flood gates? And does anyone have the conditions of the lake? Like that ? really matters, I've got to get wet. 4 weeks and not a drop of water on my wet suit, I believe its going to dry rot.

I'm still a mixed go - I did come down with a cold right after helping with a class last weekend - but the water is fine. Close to 80 degrees and visibility about 10 feet if the class wasn't there before you!

Flood gates - not to worry, there's plenty of warning and big grates that we will visit from time to time.

Conditions: visit the UT Research Center - It's just on the opposet side of the lake.
http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html

What time is the first evening/night dive on Saturday? I know Mansfield does not allow diving after 9:00.

For those planning on camping - we have Camping Pod #5 reserved for the group for Friday night and Saturday night.

The park closes to Day use at 9:00 pm, but I can't find any restrictions listed on times for night diving otherwise. So presumably if your camping and have a tank - I guess you're good to go...

Looking at the previous posts, it looks like the following people plan to either camp, hang-out, or stop by at some point during the weekend:

T.P.H.
Texass
Larry
Hemlon
downunderjenn
leiseroom
marisa-t
ae3753
ToiletBomb
NDH
Alan Constant
Diver Kat
Dee (you bum!) cancelled - we may never get to meet you!

Does anyone have any ideas of time they plan to show up at the Park? Or prefer/plan to dive? And seeing as there is usually a bunch of divers roaming around the Dive Paviliion - how will we find anyone from the group? I've never been to one of these get-togethers, so I'm clueless on how these things work ....

first one there should make a sign. For the river clean up I made a real fancy one using cardboard and a black marker with Texas Swamp Divers and everyones board name on it. :eyebrow:

Vehicle descriptions also help.

Have fun.

Contact Catch22 from the Dallas area. His wife made a great TSD banner, she also made one for us Southern Swampers. If they can't make the trip, he'd probably let ya borrow it.

One more ?. Where can I rent a tank up their? See everyone tomorrow. We can't decide on camping or hotel. Is their a hotel near by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom