Swampdiver merchandise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanpublic:
But when I looked at it my first thought was yuk. It looks like diving in Texas is done in thick green slime.

So, what's your point? :D

I don't mind the name and I like the idea of diving in off the beaten path sites.

That's one of the reasons I joined a local search and recovery dive teams. My first training dive with them was in a part of Lake Travis across from Carlos and Charlies near Cottonwood Hollow. When we first got in vis was horrible because of all the activity around the entry point but as soon as we got away from all the incoming diver (body bombs) vis was very good, maybe more than 20'. There were sporadic trees about 70'. It was just like I was floating through the area before it was flooded. We didn't find too much but it was very neat. Another dive was in Sandy creek but that time vis was so bad the dive was aborted. Then there was the clean up in the very back of Devils Hollow. Vis at depth there was pretty bad but as we got to about 30' it brightened up. Later, Bucho and I dove Little Devils Hollow and found three anchors and two masks. That was in one single dive. Vis there wasn't great maybe 6-10'.

What's funny is that after a weekend of diving I get on the board and find out that two or three other groups of swampers were diving at exactly the same dive site as me (Barstows usually) and I missed an opportunity to meet them. This weekend I asked a couple if they were swamp divers and they said no we like lake diving. :11doh: I didn't want to ask everyone in the park so I just quit asking.

I would like to be able to see a logo on someones Tee-shirt or dive gear and go up and say hi. Maybe meet a few more of you. That's why this thread caught my eye.

I know diving in Texas isn't the best vis. Unfortunately I sometimes miss things like stickys and instructions. Thanks for pointing them out for me (I haven't found the Continuing Education info). Is there a minimum hose length to get join?

Sorry if I offended. But if you'll allow me a Monk moment: TwoBit (or whoever), couldn't the water in the logo look a little less radio active? Maybe a darker green.

Maybe not I'll go now. :sulkoff:

Are you kidding... Texas Swamp Divers is absoluetly terrific... I think it is the epitome of what we deal with to dive... I love the old slogan and would love to see it return on shirts... I hope some of the funds I spent at Cafe goes to something useful... I wear my shirt proudly...

Back
Top Bottom