Swampdiver merchandise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On another thread, Swampdiver t-shirts were mentioned, so I'm posting the website where merchandise can be purchased. http://www.cafepress.com/texasdivers

Not sure who actually takes care of this for us, but thanks anyway! (Is it Tom? or Alan?)

Mr. Tom looks out for the site....though I got my Swamper t-shirt from there!! :D

Has anyone proposed changing the logo before?

I don't know if I'm really a swamper (I have .... dived - doveded - whatever ... with Shaggie, Bucho, and others) but I was thinking yesterday that I might like to get a shirt or a sticker so that maybe I might meet more of you at the dive sites I visit. So this thread was kind of timely.

But when I looked at it my first thought was yuk. It looks like diving in Texas is done in thick green slime. I do appreciate this board and the discussions but I don't want to promote a message like that about Texas Diving.

Ryan,

I'm not too crazy about the name either. I have been diving with several Swampers and try to attend many of the Austin happy hours.

I would gladly buy a t-shirt with a Texas diving theme but I just don't like the whole "swamp" thing because Texas isn't really the epitomy of swampiness.

If you look at the stickys, TwoBit explains where we got the name from. We thought it was kind of humorous and pretty close to the truth. The dive parks might brag about having 10-20' vis, but most of our lakes can't.

As for the Logo there weren't very many of us when it came about. SeaWolf & CavernQT did the design and TexasMike put it on some shirts for a big Halloween dive we did at Travis back in 2001. It's just sort of stuck - probably since nobody's thought about creating a new one.

From the outset we decided to keep the rules to a minimum. They're all listed in TwoBit's post. I don't remember any Logo restrictions. Maybe you should PM TwoBit about creating a new and improved Logo out of courtesy.

I like the current one, but now that we've grown so much, there's no telling how cool a Logo we can get!

ps. I hope you won't try to charge us for a shirt if you do create a newer, cooler, mind-blowing Logo! lol

ryanpublic:
But when I looked at it my first thought was yuk. It looks like diving in Texas is done in thick green slime. I do appreciate this board and the discussions but I don't want to promote a message like that about Texas Diving.

Most of it is green and yuk. Entry for new members is easy and while we love our state and wish only to promote total bliss and enchantment we need to stay honest.
The continuing education section of actually being a "Swamp Diver " makes the logo seem like Paradise :D

Aaaaa.... ryanpublic.... You did read the fine print about continuing Ed. didn't you ? :huh:

Swampdivers forever! I like the name, and although I haven't dove in any lakes with obvious alligators, I know that one local lake (Hawkins) sometimes has divers, and there are alligators, indeed... pretty swampy.

The logo and name, guys, are a bit tongue in cheek, aren't they? That's part of the fun of it, actually.

Foo:
Swampdivers forever! I like the name, and although I haven't dove in any lakes with obvious alligators, I know that one local lake (Hawkins) sometimes has divers, and there are alligators, indeed... pretty swampy.

The logo and name, guys, are a bit tongue in cheek, aren't they? That's part of the fun of it, actually.

I think it makes us unique -- as if we weren't already. :D

The line on the front of the orginal Tee was "If you can see your hand, it's a good dive!" That really sums up many of the Texas lakes the majority of the time.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom