For Sale Swagelok QC6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Salous,

I not sure what you mean by these QC6 MALE & FEMALE fittings are threaded for LP hose connections.

You have both MALE-plug & FEMALE-socket connectors, but you haven't specified the 'hose-thread' sex & sizes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your photos look like both sex's of QC6 fittings must have MALE 9/16"-18 UNF threads on them, which AFAIK, only suits the 2nd stage (reg) end of standard LP hoses.

Thanks,

Hi Salous,

I not sure what you mean by these QC6 MALE & FEMALE fittings are threaded for LP hose connections.

You have both MALE-plug & FEMALE-socket connectors, but you haven't specified the 'hose-thread' sex & sizes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your photos look like both sex's of QC6 fittings must have MALE 9/16"-18 UNF threads on them, which AFAIK, only suits the 2nd stage (reg) end of standard LP hoses.

Q) Do your fittings need '9/16M to 3/8F' reducers for the 3/8" 1st stage end of an LP hose?

Thanks,
Both ends fit the 9/16" end of the hose.
That is how they are traditionally installed. The male stem goes on a 22" LP hose hanging on the stage or bailout bottles. The female mounts on the unit feeding from either a manifold of some sort or directly into a port on the first stage.
How are you planning to use it?

Hi Salous,

Thanks,
Hey there, yes as Tracy above said both fittings have male 9/16"-18 UNF threads on the end which most everyone connects to the 9/16 end of a low pressure hose. I apologize for the delay in response, I’ve been dealing with weather issues while traveling abroad.

Interested! I need a couple (M+F) to connect BOV (F) to a bottom gas tank (M).
Can they be connected while diving, with the hose on pressure? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom