SW Perdix Review.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead of messing around with various batteries, just order a couple of these saft-36v-aa-lithium-battery. I think you'll really enjoy the AI feature once you get a transmitter. It's very nice just being able to glance at your wrist rather than unclipping and clipping an SPG to check your gas. The tissue loading graph will give you a good feel as to what the model is predicting over the course of multiple dives/multiple days.

Hi Ron,

I have three Energizer lithium batteries in reserve. Their shelf life is huge. I have enough batteries to last me at least 3 or 4 more years. The Perdix just doesn't use much energy. A Copper Top, as Bruce and Lynn said, really is a viable option.

An AI sender is definitely on the radar.

cheers,
m

Can someone explain what was meant in a post in this thread about making sure different gas mixes are “off and on”?

New tot he Perdix AI and I set up air then 32 and 36 nitrox. Can you not just go to the gas select and switch from say air on first dive to 36 nitrox on second dive? Do you have to do something more to turn them on and off?

Can someone explain what was meant in a post in this thread about making sure different gas mixes are “off and on”?

New tot he Perdix AI and I set up air then 32 and 36 nitrox. Can you not just go to the gas select and switch from say air on first dive to 36 nitrox on second dive? Do you have to do something more to turn them on and off?
I believe it's because the Perdix may suggest a gas switch to what it thinks is a better gas if you have more than 1 turned on. I don't know if that applies to Rec mode (how I use my Shearwaters) as I always only keep 1 gas turned on. It could affect your dive planner as well, I suspect.

Hmm I just want to be able to set it to air, do a dive, during SI change to 36% for second dive. And be able to go back to air for a shallow 20’ shore dive later in the afternoon.

Hmm I just want to be able to set it to air, do a dive, during SI change to 36% for second dive. And be able to go back to air for a shallow 20’ shore dive later in the afternoon.

just go to dive settings and switch it each dive it takes only seconds. You know how to do that yes?

Very often your actual tested mix will not conform to the 32 and 36 standards.

depends on the dive shop. my dive shop always hits 32% right on the nose. once in a blue moon its off at about 31.8 % but thats an anomaly and means someone new is doing it.

I have air (21%) programmed as a gas but turn it off when using Nitrox and then turn on the Nitrox gas and adjust that entry to whatever value I analyzed - so I only keep 1 gas on. It's very easy and just takes a few seconds to switch.

just go to dive settings and switch it each dive it takes only seconds. You know how to do that yes?

Yes I do, I was just confused about having to turn them on and off? Seemed odd to me as that then negates the ease of gas switching with the SW computers lol.

In Cozumel its premixed and always tests withing .5-1% max deviation, usually withing half a percent so yeah.........not going to split hairs and change to 35.5%.......for years and years I just dove nitrox on air tables as it was such a pain to change in my old computer lol. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom