SW Perdix Review.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi ScubadriverDale,

I set my salinity to salt. I know the difference between the EU setting and the specific gravity of salt water isn't that much, but I am like you, I know when I am in salt water and when I am not. My PP3 did show a slight difference in depth compared to the Perdix and I "feel" it is set to the EU standard.

A slight difference in depth is normal between computers. One of the things that is done in the Deep Course is to compare depths on two or more computers. I have seen as large of a difference of 0.4 meters but it tends to be closer to 0.2 for the majority of comparisons.

Instead of messing around with various batteries, just order a couple of these saft-36v-aa-lithium-battery. I think you'll really enjoy the AI feature once you get a transmitter. It's very nice just being able to glance at your wrist rather than unclipping and clipping an SPG to check your gas. The tissue loading graph will give you a good feel as to what the model is predicting over the course of multiple dives/multiple days.

A slight difference in depth is normal between computers. One of the things that is done in the Deep Course is to compare depths on two or more computers. I have seen as large of a difference of 0.4 meters but it tends to be closer to 0.2 for the majority of comparisons.

shearwater manual did say they default to that EN number and its between fresh and salt and that most dive computers default to this. per their manual if i remember correctly. setting for salt will get a more accurate reading and i changed it to salt just now

Hi ScubadriverDale,

You have piqued my curiosity on that center row thing...dunn know.. I wonder if your second tank pressure input is using that space. I am going to get my Perdix out and open up the Nitrox manual.

I set my salinity to salt. I know the difference between the EU setting and the specific gravity of salt water isn't that much, but I am like you, I know when I am in salt water and when I am not. My PP3 did show a slight difference in depth compared to the Perdix and I "feel" it is set to the EU standard.

I made a mental note during a safety stop to investigate that after the dive while I was on my balcony enjoying a small glass of Ron Zacapa, but forgot (I did not forget the Ron Zacapa!). The PP3 needs to be pulled out and checked out.

Thanks for giving me something fun to do,
m

i only had two rows to start before i added the second transmitter. what i want to do is have both transmitters tank psi left remaining and also sac rate. I can do that but the transmitter gas remaining is small and both tanks show in one small slot.

but if i have my center row i can put my gas for both in second row.
but again it only shows bottom row not center row like in vids.

im pretty sure i hit something that deleted the center row as default is three rows not two. but nothing anywhere shows how to add back in that center row.

pissing me off.

googled multiple ways got nothing either

@ScubadriverDale what mode are you in?
In Rec mode only the bottom row is configurable and in Tec mode it's the middle row.
There's no way of "deleting" a row.
The only way of having 2 PSIs and SAC is the mini gauge, SAC only works with one TX anyway.

Edit: oh I see your using your other TX for a pony so you don't need SAC on both anyway, doesn't change the fact that the mini gauge is the only way. Not sure why you'd want SAC showing all the time, GTR would be more useful IMO.

@ScubadriverDale what mode are you in?
In Rec mode only the bottom row is configurable and in Tec mode it's the middle row.
There's no way of "deleting" a row.
The only way of having 2 PSIs and SAC is the mini gauge, SAC only works with one TX anyway.

Edit: oh I see your using your other TX for a pony so you don't need SAC on both anyway, doesn't change the fact that the mini gauge is the only way. Not sure why you'd want SAC showing all the time, GTR would be more useful IMO.

thanks for the info. I was certain when I bought the perdix it had 3 rows and there are pics of 3 rows in OC mode or rec mode. But I am likely wrong. But to answer your question I do not care at all about gas time remaining for any tank. I want to know the psi left in both tanks always which is mini mode or i can show both tanks separate without sac rate.

However I want to see my sac rate as it shows my breathing efficiency IN DIVE during dive. It helps me become more efficient in breathing. if my sac goes from 8.8 during drift to 25.5 im going to evaluate what im doing....its instant analysis during the dive about how im using my air. its literally helped me double my bottom time or halve my air usage over a two week period watching how and what im doing to use my air.

its a cool tool

gas time remaining is just a guess and I have no use for that. NDL, PSI in tank, sac rate during dive, all those for me are useful, gas time remaining changes with depth and how much activity I have. So its not helpful to me at all.

I am not really setting up two tanks for the pony 19cf as thats likely never to be used, although the little mini guage you screw in is basically useless. i put on on my second reg to see what my 19cf has and it shows 1800 psi when if you take a reading on a good large guage or A.I. transmitter it shows 3100 psi.

so thats a small reason for two tank psi readings but really not necessary. I am setting it up for my AL40 tank as I intend to do a lot more deeper dives and wreck dives in southern California as well as I do wreck dives in Coron philippines every year which are very fun.

going to 100 ft depth with an 80 most often there i will be flying with my AL40 and my AL19 also. I bring the whole kitchen sink when i fly anywhere to scuba. I dont mind it.

I was certain when I bought the perdix it had 3 rows and there are pics of 3 rows in OC mode or rec mode.
There is three rows of info in both modes but you only configure one in each.
If you've only got two rows of info can you post a pic please?

I do not care at all about gas time remaining for any tank
Fair enough.

There is three rows of info in both modes but you only configure one in each.
If you've only got two rows of info can you post a pic please?

Fair enough.

ah if you google it you can see most of the time people with perdix have only two rows of info. and in that case when you go to change things it only shows BOTTOM ROW not CENTER ROW like in the manual....

I guess there is a way to eliminate the ppo2 reading in the second row and that eliminates the row. I must have done that. There is nowhere that states how to put the middle row back into the display that I can find.

check out vids and pics of perdix computers. its quite common to see only two rows on the rec mode.

if i still had the three rows the manual says i can configure row two to have my psi remaining.

but i cant find the CENTER ROW to modify it now

either that or the last update completely eliminated it.

but i dont think thats correct.

im going to call shearwater on monday to figure this out because it is highly annoying i only have two rows of info even after i reset the entire device.

but i cant find the CENTER ROW to modify it now
You still haven't said what mode you're on, from what you're saying I assume it's Tec.
If so, this is the page in system setup with the settings you need to have what you want showing.
52EBAC86-F77D-42C4-BB72-379F3CDEB088.jpeg
DE048F14-CA8B-4AC1-8D9A-1A734405957E.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom