Suunto Vyper V's Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WTF?? This means the deco calculation, depth, dive time & temp showing on the screen of a Zoop can be 1/2 a minute old at any point in time..30 secs is a long time when doing an assent.

No it means that it records and stores the state (depth, deco, etc) every 30 seconds. The sampling rate for displaying depth and deco during the dive is much faster.

The person who wrote that is thinking about what is seen when the data is down loaded.

What part of "gauge mode" does the Zoop not provide?

I could be wrong but the other difference is the Vyper has the handy simulator and Zoop does not. 30 sec sampling is very coarse when reviewing your profile.

Interesting suggestions, thanks guys

---------- Post added November 1st, 2013 at 11:17 AM ----------

I emailed Suunto yesterday about the sampling rate on the Zoop and I must say I am very surprised with their reply...

WTF?? This means the deco calculation, depth, dive time & temp showing on the screen of a Zoop can be 1/2 a minute old at any point in time..30 secs is a long time when doing an assent.

The Zoop has just been removed from my shopping list!!

I think you have misunderstood, this sample rate is for memory, it will display deco, depth, dive time and temp in real time.

The Dive Planner on the Vyper is also pretty handy i've found,otherwise pretty much nail on the head. And as an earlier poster said,the backlight works far better than the glow for very dark/low vis (I had it the weekend - flashlights reflected off the face,couldn't see crap on the zoop)

And yes the sample rates only affect the downloaded profiles. The live data is fairly accurate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom