Suunto Vyper Air vs Atomic Cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jebmobile

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

My old dive computer crapped out and I need to buy a new one soon. I find the Suunto's very easy to use and love the idea of an air integrated wrist unit. However, I'm a huge Atomic fan too. Anyone have any experiences between the Suunto Vyper Air vs the Atomic Cobalt? I know the Cobalt is super easy to use to but I just wish they made a wireless wrist unit.

Thanks.

My vyper Air ismy backup to my Cobalt. Each has their advantages. The Cobalt is very easy toread and very intuitive to use. The weakness is the log software but that canbe worked around using Mac Dive of Diving Log 5.0 for minimal extra cost. I amnot a big fan of the new web based Suunto software either but I love the oldstuff that I keep using.
I believe Atomic is working on a wrist version. My eyes don't like the smallsize of, even the Vyper Air so I normally use the Cobalt as my primary since itis so easy to read during the dive. To me that is most important. I use one ofthe newer small dia. light weight high tech HP hoses so it is no big dealhaving the console. I attach it to a retractable tether on my chest. A slighttug and I can quickly see my status.

Do you attached the tether to the small rectangular shape thing on the top of the console? It seems like it would be hard to find any attachments that would fit through the opening to clip it to a bc???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom