suunto transmitter question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Suunto is still testing and returning transmitters?

-Z

Does anyone know if Suunto is still testing and returning transmitters?

-Z
Yes, to the best of my knowledge. That was an actual consumer recall and not a settlement with due dates, so even though it is no longer top-of-mind the program should still be active. I believe what is done is to check for any internal corrosion; change the battery, oring, & cap; and add the flow restrictor.

Any authorized Suunto dealer should be able to do it. I had mine done few months ago without any issues and it was for free.
Not quite. I can't speak for other regions, but in the US only the Service Centers can do the recall - there are far more dealers than there are Service Centers. Of course if someone brings me one I will send it in for them, but will be passing along the shipping cost.

Perhaps a dealer can "arrange" for doing it but it doesn't mean they would do it themselves. They would send it to a service center but they remain the "front" for taking care of the end user. In Europe, I just went to a dealer and they took care of it. I don't know if they did it in house or they had to send it to a service center but the impression I got was that a dealer is able to do it in house. I wasn't charged for shipping or anything at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom