Suunto Transmitter doesn't fit next to hoses on Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I can see my options are either a short HP hose or something like this Suunto Transmitter Spacer | Simply Scuba UK does anyone have any advice?
I will echo the comments made by several respondents. I often use a 6" HP hose with my Suunto transmitter for diving single cylinders. I don't care for how the transmitter sticks out of the first stage when connected directly to it.
BurhanMuntasser:
Are there HP hoses that would allow you to connect a transmitter to them and act as an "HP extension" hose??
Virtually any HP hose will allow that. I have also used a longer HP hose (12") at time with doubles, routing it off my right post down to the side and tucking it in to prevent it from snagging on lines.

a first stage swivel and a 6" hose would really keep it out of harm's way....

A 6" hose is not a bad thing, some even use longer ones and bungie it to a tank band ect. it keeps the transmitter away from the 1st so it can't be pulled on when lifting the tank by the reg. A few transmitters have been snapped off when someone lifted the tank and got a hold of the transmitter.
I do so agree with you. I have a different brand, Scubapro, but immediately bought the 6" hose as the guys on liveaboards tend to grab anything and lift your tank out of the water using the transmitter as a grip. So if it is on a flexible hose it's safer for the longevity of the thingie.

I popped along to the LDS at lunchtime and they took off one of my second stage hoses, screwed on the transmitter, then replacing the second stage hose it just fits, they just touch and my hose protector can't go all the way but I guess it'll do. I might get a short hose before I next travel to Egypt, don't fancy one of the helpers picking it up and snapping it, at least here I am in charge!

Back
Top Bottom