Suunto Transmitter doesn't fit next to hoses on Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GiantMoray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I recently purchased a Suunto Transmitter and in trying to attach it to my first stage have found that its too large to fit next to my second stage hoses, has anyone else had this experience and how have you solved it? As far as I can see my options are either a short HP hose or something like this Suunto Transmitter Spacer | Simply Scuba UK does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
James

I've seen lots of folks with a 6" hose.

---------- Post added May 1st, 2014 at 02:08 PM ----------

Hmm, wait a second. I', looking at my buddies Legend reg with Suunto transmitter, and there is plenty of room. Should be 4 LP and 2 HP ports ? Do you have hose protectors on your hoses perhaps ?

I tried pulling the protector down but i still could only screw it on half way. I reckon possibly if I took the hose off, attached the transmitter, had flat side to where the hose will be then put the hose back on without the protector, but I still think it would be bang up against it.

This is common on a number of regs with transmitters by other mfg's. Used to see this in one shop I worked with. Of course the owner never told the person until they had already bought it. Then he could sell them a hose to put it on. A big reason I never went to one.

Alrighty... my apologies. I typed before I looked. I was thinking about my mikron 1st stage and having to pull back the hose protector to fit the transmitter.
On my legend lx, I did remove both hoses, screw in transmitter then reinstalled hoses. The square'ish sides fit nicely between the hoses with protectors still on.
This using the oem miflex hoses.

20140501_143505.jpg20140501_143533.jpg20140501_143604.jpg

A 6" hose is not a bad thing, some even use longer ones and bungie it to a tank band ect. it keeps the transmitter away from the 1st so it can't be pulled on when lifting the tank by the reg. A few transmitters have been snapped off when someone lifted the tank and got a hold of the transmitter.

When I used a transmitter I attached it with a 6" hose and Suunto quick disconnect. That worked great as I tucked it between the tank and wing. I still have both, I'd sell then to ya but the shipping over the pond might be a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom