Suunto spare parts online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ymy once bubbled...
BTW. Has anyone had to change their mosquito's battery yet ? Just curious how long it lasts. Manual says about a year to year and half depending on number of dives. I spoke to a DM who has a couple of hundred dives on it and still hasn't had to replace the battery yet.

Mine died right around the one year mark. The battery degrades fairly quickly from 3 to 2 bars on the display. Replacing it was easy. Push in on the rear coverplate as you unscrew it. I reused the o-ring (it was in good shape) and bought a battery from Radio Shack, a 2032 I believe.

Ralph

SimplyScuba clearly stated that opening the Vytek would VOID the warrenty.

I must have had bad luck with my Mosquito's battery. I replaced it after about 30 dives in 5 months.

--dawg

Scubadawg,

I just checked the suunto webpage and it very specifically says "user replaceable battery" under the description for Vytec. I would be very curious to know why simply scuba would tell you that. Is it simply scuba or is it Suunto who is not honoring its marketing.

I talked to a lds where I am and they said they did not sell suunto batteries either but sent it back for replacement. I thought it was just because it was in Malaysia and they didn't know better.

Got my face protectors a few days ago - they fit the stinger wonderfully ( a bit better than the mosquito i think). They also got rid of that annoying issue when you look at your watch from an angle and the lcds seem to disappear so you have to rotate you watch straight on.

As an asside, one of the reasons i wanted to get the face protector was so i could loop a bungy through it as a backup to the strap and it looks like its working quite well.

steve

Wetman,

I also have a Mosquito......

But the protector that I have for it will not fit the Vytek. Which protector are you talking about?

--dawg

If the 3/4" or 1" will fit, I'd recommend a Waterborne strap - use them with my (non) Suunto stuff but should work with any pin type mount. They in effect double strap the watch so a loose or lost pin won't cause the watch to fall off your wrist and head south. Try

www.reefscuba.com ,

I've gotten a couple there and use one (currently) with a Sunnto SK-7 compass.

Sincerely,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom