Suunto Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the SDM Help File (Shock!! Horror!!) and found that they actually tell us what everything is for. But the detective work was fun anyway :) :

MyDives.CSV General information for dives. Each record in this file is one dive and is the parent, or header, of records in the other three files. Child records relate to the Unique Dive ID field in this file. For example, to find all the depth intervals that belong to a record (one dive) in MyDives.CSV read all records in the file MyDives$PRO.CSV whose Unique Dive ID matches the Unique Dive ID of that dive in MyDives.CSV.

MyDives$PRO.CSV Detailed dive profiles. This file contains one record for each sample of all dives exported. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV. A record in MyDives$PRO.CSV can belong to any dive in the set as specified by its Unique Dive ID.

MyDives$DGE.CSV Dive gear used on each dive. This file contains one record for each item of dive equipment listed in the Dive Gear list box for all dives. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV.

MyDives$NOT.CSV Text notes for each dive. This file contains the Notes fields from all exported dives. Each note is broken into strings of 255 characters each. This format supports target file systems that require character strings of 255 or fewer characters. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV

Contents of MyDives.CSV:

Unique Dive ID Integer The unique number identifying the child records of this dive record. Relates this record to records in the other three files.
Dive Number Integer Dive Number from the dive log
Dive Date Integer Date of dive
Time Of Day Integer Time of day at the start of the dive
Series Integer Repetitive Series Identifier, dives with the same Series number belong together.
DC Dive Number Integer The Dive Computer’s Dive Number. 1-n within the same Series number
Dive Time Integer The total dive time in seconds
Surface Interval Integer The total Surface Interval in seconds
Max Depth Decimal Maximum depth of the dive in the units selected when the dive was exported
Mean Depth Decimal Average depth in the units selected when the dive was exported
DC Type Integer Dive Computer Model number: 3 = Stinger, 10 = Vyper, 12 = Cobra, 20 = Spyder, 251 = Eon, 252 = Solution Alpha, 253 = Solution Nitrox, 254 = Solution
DC Serial Number Integer Serial number of the dive computer used on this dive
DC Personal Data Character Personal data
DC Sample Rate Integer Length of the dive computer's sampling interval in seconds
DC Altitude Mode Integer 0 = A0, 1 = A1, 2 = A2
DC Personal Mode Integer 0 = P0, 1 = P1, 2 = P2
Solution Time Adjustment Integer 0, 1 or 2 minutes added to a Solution’s dive profile time for dives not evenly divisible by 3 minutes.
Modified Integer 0 = No modification, 1 = Dive was modified (manually added or critical data changed)
Location Character Location of the dive
Site Character Dive site
Weather Character Weather description
Water Visibility Character Visibility description
Air Temp Integer Air temperature in the units selected when the dive was exported
Water Temp Integer Water temperature at the greatest depth in the units selected when the dive was exported
WaterTemp At End Integer Water temperature at the end of the dive in the units selected when the dive was exported
Partner Character Diving Partner description
Dive Master Character Dive Master description
Boat Name Character Boat Name description
Cylinder Desc Character Gas cylinder description
Cylinder Size Decimal Capacity of gas cylinder in liters or in cubic feet
Cylinder Units Code Integer 1 = liters, 2 = cubic feet
Cylinder Work Pressure Decimal Working pressure in the units selected when the dive was exported
Cylinder Start Pressure Decimal Starting or Fill pressure of the cylinder in the units selected when the dive was exported
Cylinder End Pressure Integer Cylinder pressure at the end of the dive in the units selected when the dive was exported
SAC Rate Decimal Calculated SAC Rate. If cylinder info is missing the SAC rate is invalid
SAC Units Integer 1 = SLM, 2 = SCFM
User Field 1 Character Custom1 user-defined log entry
User Field 2 Character Custom2 user-defined log entry
User Field 3 Character Custom3 user-defined log entry
User Field 4 Character Custom4 user-defined log entry
User Field 5 Character Custom5 user-defined log entry
Weight Integer Weight recorded for dive in the units selected when the dives was exported. pounds or kg.
Oxygen Percent Integer 21 to 50% for Nitrox computers. 0% for air dive computers. 255 if default mode was used for Solution Nitrox/Vario.
OLF Percent Integer Nitrox computers only: Like the Solution Nitrox/Vario, Vyper, and Cobra, Oxygen Limit Fraction recorded for this dive. If OTU Flag = 1 then this is OTU % otherwise it’s CNS %.
OTU Flag Integer Nitrox computers only, 0 = No Nitrox information, 1 = OLF Percent is OTU %, 2 = OLF Percent is CNS %

Contents of MyDives$PRO.CSV:

Unique Dive ID Integer The unique number identifying the parent dive record in MyDives.CSV
Segment Number Integer The ordinal position of this depth in the profile. Multiply this by the dive computer sampling rate to find the dive time for each interval.
Segment Depth Decimal The maximum depth of the interval stored in the units selected when the dive was exported.
ASC Flag Integer 0 = No alarm, 1 = The dive computer's ASC indicator appeared during this interval.
SLOW Flag Integer 0 = No alarm, 1 = SLOW alarm recorded in this interval.
Ceiling Flag Integer 0 = No alarm, 1 = broken ceiling alarm recorded in this interval.
SURF Flag Integer 0 = No alarm, 1 = Diver surfaced during this interval.
Attention Flag Integer Dive computers with RGBM tissue calculation model: 0 = No alarm, 1 = Dive Attention Symbol appeared during this interval. Recorded only in the first interval of each dive.
User Flag Integer Dive computers with RGBM tissue calculation model: 0 = No alarm, 1 = Ceiling depth alarm recorded in this interval.
Safe Stop Flag Integer Dive computers with RGBM tissue calculation model: 0 = No alarm, 1 = Diver violated a mandatory safety stop during this interval.

Contents of MyDives$DGE.CSV:

Unique Dive ID Integer The unique number identifying the parent dive record in MyDives.CSV
Description Character Description of dive gear used on this dive.
Type Integer 1 = Dive Gear Item, 2 = Kit description
Contents of MyDives$NOT.CSV

Notes Line Character Text contained in the Notes field of this dive

To view it in technicolour with better formatting, "Find" the term "export file definitions" in your SDM Help File.

Cheers,

Andrew

Aha. I never even thought to read the SDM help file. I guess im so used to "help" on software not being of any use at all i ignored it.

Theres enough there for me to working on my own html and/or graph plotter.

After 5 mins(?) on the surface, the log goes into a repetitive dive. Any way to combine the two dives into a single dive?

Had the same problem due a long DM-induced surface swim :upset:

I gave up on finding an elegant solution, so I downloaded the profile data to CSV and then typed the profile data for the second half of the dive (sample by sample) into the first dive profile editing screen. Had to add the surface interval to the first dive as well - 7 minutes of 0m samples. I then marked the "second" dive for deletion by adding it to the Ignore List.

I am hoping someone has a better solution for you!

Perhaps the person who has connections with the author of SDM can drop a hint for us... A feature to combine dives would be great!

I've attached the resulting profile graph.

Cheers,

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom