Suunto Software download to Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alyse

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I have a Mac book Pro with Lion. Between us we have a D4i (un dived so far) a D9 and a well used pre loved D6, which have both done a weeks live aboard. I have just bought a download cable, and downloaded what I thought was the software to download our dives (I have an icon!). BUT when I connect, nothing happens. I believe I need to download more software to activate, but in all honesty, the Suunto site baffles me, and the page reads like gobbledygook. Could anyone advise me on what to do to get this in action please? I was hoping to download soon, as we go away in a few days.

Hi, I have a Mac book Pro with Lion. Between us we have a D4i (un dived so far) a D9 and a well used pre loved D6, which have both done a weeks live aboard. I have just bought a download cable, and downloaded what I thought was the software to download our dives (I have an icon!). BUT when I connect, nothing happens. I believe I need to download more software to activate, but in all honesty, the Suunto site baffles me, and the page reads like gobbledygook. Could anyone advise me on what to do to get this in action please? I was hoping to download soon, as we go away in a few days.

Which cable did you get?

I recently ordered the cable from Custom Idea, which is about half the price as the Suunto cable. The drivers available on Cusom Idea's website do not work with Lion, instead I had to download the latest Mac OS X drivers from Silicon Labs' website:

USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers

You want the VCP Driver Kit.

Also, I don't know about the computers you have, but on the Vyper you need to put it in transfer mode first.

I don't know what software you're using to download the dives, I was successful with Mac Dive:

MacDive

Just get MacDive. It´s good software and you will like it much better than Suunto´s own (which actually is THAT bad, particularily the latest version). As vmsgeek pointed out, the driver depends on which cable you got. Most Suunto cables are covered in this MacDive link for drivers:

MacDive

Make sure you select the appropriate one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom