Suunto RGMB Models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflyprops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First off, I have searched the board and I cant really find anything to answer my question. First question, what is the difference between the RGMB and say the Bauhman allogarithm? And what is the difference between RGMB and Suunto's RGMB model? I have a cobra that I haven't dove yet and I'm a little curious.

Thanks!

iflyprops once bubbled...
First off, I have searched the board and I cant really find anything to answer my question.
Thanks!

I did a forum search on "Weinke" and got 4 pages of threads. You might want to read those over.

MD

Thanks, I had never heard of Weinke until you said something...I apologize for my ignorance.

iflyprops once bubbled...
...I apologize for my ignorance.

Not necessary. Dr. Weinke is the author of RGBM and posts here from time to time. He had one post not long ago that would address your question quite well.

MD

is not REAL.

The "folded" implementations are not true RGBM as it applies to decompression diving. If you run a few test profiles on the Suuntos, you will find this to be the case immediately.

Unfortunately there is a LOT of hype and, to be polite, marketing-speak surrounding this stuff. Most unfortunate.

The Suuntos are nice computers, but don't buy them on the basis of them being "RGBM". Buy them because they're a good computer, you are comfortable with the feature set, they'll probably not bend you if you use them properly, and they're reasonably priced.

MechDiver once bubbled...

Not necessary. Dr. Weinke is the author of RGBM and posts here from time to time. He had one post not long ago that would address your question quite well.

MD

It's Wienke not "Weinke".

haha! Santa Came early. My Cobra is here. I didn't buy it (someone else did:) ) on the basis of it being rgbm, I was just curious to what it was. Thanks for the great links and the great info. Cant wait to use the cobra when I dive the Speigel Grove on wed. of next week!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom