SUUNTO Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hell, I threw my two away, but managed to screenshot my Leisurepro orders page that had the two computers on it. I'm hoping that satisfies the proof-of-purchase requirement. I'd love for Suunto to send me two new Vypers, or but would much rather have the replacement cost instead.

I pitched mine about a week ago. Bad timing I guess.

No. If you have a receipt with a serial number, you’re good to go.

We got the notice in the mail but our remaining Cobra was mfg in 2003. It still works fine. Just needs a new battery.

FWIW Our other Cobra was also mfg. 2003 but was sold as have been all of our other Suunto dive computers. Still have our old D3 watches though, but oddly they are not covered under this suit.

Ah that sucked, I bought a d4i literally 2 months ago and the sensor failed on the 5th dive.

This was on my first day of holidays.

Since I live in the UK I guess I am not covered by this settlement.

Ah that sucked, I bought a d4i literally 2 months ago and the sensor failed on the 5th dive.

This was on my first day of holidays.

Since I live in the UK I guess I am not covered by this settlement.
Was it new or used? I'm assuming used since it would be under warranty if new. And if bought used, it isn't covered by the settlement anyway. Even in the US.

Was it new or used? I'm assuming used since it would be under warranty if new. And if bought used, it isn't covered by the settlement anyway. Even in the US.
It is new, I sent it for repair, so no big deal.

If I was in the US I would have tried to claim £7 that I got charged by a Suunto service centre for looking at it, then the rental of a new one for my holidays.

Settlement was in the USA. Only applies in the USA.

Warranty will be a UK one. Computer will be replaced.

Excellent, the courts in the US seem to be able to force Aqualung and Suunto to sort of admit their sensors have a problem. What about the rest of the planet? Crap sensors only sold in USA? I think not. Suunto recalled all its transmitters because they had a fundamental fault. Globally.

Anyone know if Mares used the same sensors? I had two of their dive coms die on successive days, one dive com with 51 dives and the other with 149. Still awaiting a response from Mares.

Excellent, the courts in the US seem to be able to force Aqualung and Suunto to sort of admit their sensors have a problem. What about the rest of the planet? Crap sensors only sold in USA? I think not. Suunto recalled all its transmitters because they had a fundamental fault. Globally.

Anyone know if Mares used the same sensors? I had two of their dive coms die on successive days, one dive com with 51 dives and the other with 149. Still awaiting a response from Mares.
The transmitter issue was not a sensor issue - it was a safety issue regarding the physical handling of high pressure. My understanding is that it was possible for the plastic cap/body to fail (explode?) when pressuring the system. I don't know if anything inside was changed by the service centers or if the plastic cap was upgraded, but the most significant added element was adding a small pressure flow restrictor to the unit inlet so the interior pressure builds more slowly upon initial pressurization.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom