Suunto Pc Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reks_mallo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently I bought a used Suunto Zoop computer and went out searching for the cable to download dives and keep a digital dive log using the data that the computer provides. I've come to the conclusion that this may be more trouble than its worth. All the pc interface cables that I have found are pricey (being that I only paid $120 for it at my LDS). Is the dive data really worth buying the $65-$85 USD cable? The software is free to download but the cables? I'd have thought that since the computers that use this type of interface are being replaced with newer models that the cables would drop in price by now.

P.S.
I don't mean to complain just looking for opinions and possibly cheaper solutions.

If you have a smartphone / tablet you might consider getting a Dive Computer Buddy so you can directly download logs from your Zoop using your smartphone / tablet.
Ty for the different option. Still kinda pricey but considering that the different cables (for other computers) are much cheaper (than buying factory) this may be an option on down the road.

Last edited:
You can look on eBay. I found a seller who created a diy cable. It was serial, so for a modern computer you'd need a serial - USB adapter. Those can be found on eBay or Amazon for cheap.

Is the dive data really worth buying the $65-$85 USD cable?

You're the only one who can answer that for you. I'm fairly certain I'm too lazy too keep a detailed paper log. Typing in the cylinder type and start/stop pressure is annoying enough I'd buy an AI DC yesterday if it was only $85 extra. Plus most of the time I don't even remember what my end pressure was.

And my wife and I have the same DCs and we use one d/l cradle for both.

I bought a Zoop then later regret not getting a computer with a cable. A few years ago I found someone selling a used Vyper with a new battery and the cable for less money than the cable. The cable works on the Zoop or the Vyper. I use the Vyper as my main computer but leave the Zoop in a pocket as a backup computer now. Might be an option for you too.

There were a couple of venders selling third party cables for the Suunto Computers on eBay for about $60. I know that one of them was not compatible the Suunto software but that is no loss as it is really bad. The Dive Computer Buddy seems like the best bang for the buck at this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom