Suunto Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara once bubbled...
Still, I have two remarks: first, the ascent rate alarm can't be heard if your wear a hood.
Oh, I thought something was wrong with my ears. :wink:

I'm also happy with it but I believe that gauge mode would be more usefull then free dive.

i agree monkseal but then again who would spend $200 extra for a stinger if the mosquito had gauge mode? pretty stiff price for a little extra functionality that probably costs suunto nothing. and then you pay again because you have to send it in to have the battery changed.

chiara once bubbled...
Still, I have two remarks: first, the ascent rate alarm can't be heard if your wear a hood

Yes...well, see my post regarding underwater vibrators.

I got certified in Feb. Bought my Mosquito, got 17 dives on it, and one evening (Just after my advanced class beginning of May) in my computer room <beep>. Told me I was at 16 feet. Tried everything, but the next morning, it told me I was still at 16 feet (for 800 minutes, no less).

Sent it in, got a new one back day before yesterday (they replaced instead of repaired). I was happy about that, until I got it home. Backlight was screwed up. Would only flicker for a few seconds, then nothing. Took it back.

Thinking seriously about the dive-rite wrist computer. I was really sold on the mosquito (a DM friend has had a stinger for several years now with no probs), but I'm not entirely comfortable with Suunto computers anymore.

So. after 20 dives, I'm on my third mosquito, with one not even getting wet (not even in the shower :upset: )

I have had the opposite experience. I also got certified in Feb and I have logged 44 dives as of this morning, all but 4 with my mosquito. So far it has performed quite well, in my only complaint is that the interface connection is a bit hit and miss. As to the functiong of the computer itself it has been great.

docmartin once bubbled...
i agree monkseal but then again who would spend $200 extra for a stinger if the mosquito had gauge mode?

But Vyper has this functionality and it's priced as same as Mosquito. If you look at Vyper and Mosquito datasheet, you'll find same functionalities except free mode (Mosquito) and gauge mode (Vyper) and some clock and timer functions (Mosquito) - not so useful IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom