SUUNTO lost features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a SUUNTO dive computer. I just upgraded from DM3 to DM5. I don’t like the way the new DM5 has removed the features to add my dive gear information. They also removed the ability to manually add dives.

I would like to ask anyone who uses this software to give a comment on the matter so I can let SUUNTO know that these lost features are something we liked. Presuming you do like them.

I would like to use the results to let SUUNTO know we would like them back.

Suunto DM5

Last edited:
I ditched Suunto software at DM4 when they switched to the compulsory online account. And not being allowed to put the database file in a user-selectable folder? What were hey thinking? I switched to Diving Log for Windows. It has the features you want plus some.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

I ditched Suunto software at DM4 when they switched to the compulsory online account. And not being allowed to put the database file in a user-selectable folder? What were hey thinking? I switched to Diving Log for Windows. It has the features you want plus some.

I looked at Diving Log as well. If SUUNTO don't change I will go that route as well.

The Suunto DM is a classic case of corporate irrationality. It's amazing how they are able to take a good product, the DM3, and turned it into a cumbersome software, the DM5. Don't waste your time with the DM5. I switched to Mac Dive (there are others SW out there too) after patiently waiting for fixes and return of lost features.

If SUUNTO don't change [...]
I definitely wouldn't hold my breath while waiting. The issue about not being allowed to choose the location for the database file has been raised in the Suunto forum. Hendrik from Suunto claimed that this was technically impossible. Either he's giving out misinformation (deliberately or due to lack of knowlege), or DM4 and DM5 are some of the greatest programming kludges released for public use.

Run, don't walk, away from DM5.

Since my computer is compatible with DM3, I still use it to download my profile bookmarks, but everything else is better done in another program. Not to mention compatibility issues if you choose to buy a non-Suunto computer. With good third-party software, you can continue using the same log database and the same logging program even if you switch PDC brand.

+1 for MacDive - I also ditched Suunto at DM3, I liked the earlier versions, but was not happy to go to the online account business. - Phil

I have a SUUNTO dive computer. I just upgraded from DM3 to DM5. I don’t like the way the new DM5 has removed the features to add my dive gear information. They also removed the ability to manually add dives.

I would like to ask anyone who uses this software to give a comment on the matter so I can let SUUNTO know that these lost features are something we liked. Presuming you do like them.

I would like to use the results to let SUUNTO know we would like them back.

Suunto DM5
we spoke about dm4 dm5 since at least 3-4 years.
were you far away the internet ?

dm3.1 continues to work
subsurface is working

we spoke about dm4 dm5 since at least 3-4 years.
were you far away the internet ?

dm3.1 continues to work
subsurface is working

I don’t understand how the first part of your comment is helpful, but the second part merits a like.

The software Subsurface is incredible. It has everything and its open source. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don’t understand how the first part of your comment is helpful, but the second part merits a like.

The software Subsurface is incredible. It has everything and its open source. Thanks for the suggestion.
i agree the first part is not helpful.
but you opened a new thread 5 years after Suunto created DM4-DM5, and we were a lot of people telling it's a bad software.

there is a lot of information in Suunto area and this one.

also, remember :
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ive-log-software-post6744660.html#post6744660

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...6160-vyper-2-dm5-post7530095.html#post7530095

Back
Top Bottom