Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been trying to find a download cable. I do not see them on the Sunnuto web sit. Any other sources?
Thanks

Thanks for the link.Looks like a UK company. Anyplace in the US have them?

DiveLog on a Mac should work with a Gekko. It doesn't care that this is a model that Suunto says shouldn't download.

-Mark

I got my download cable yesterday and after messing around with it (for about 2 hours) I got it to work (don't ask me how I am new to using computers). Thank You CIBDiving !

CIBDiving, Your program is excellent. I recently bought a Vyper for myself and a Gekko for my son, I can now download both DC's logs for review. Please keep up the great work. If you ever put up a website with a donations feature let me know, I'd be glad to contribute to the cause.

How far does this go?

Are the Gekko, Vyper, and Vytec all the same units? Can a Gekko 'become' a Vytec? Or a Vyper 'become' a Vytec?

Humm, this is getting interesting. If i'm not wrong, a Vytec has hoseless function. For that to happen, there need to be a receiver unit within Vytec. I doubt Suunto will include the reciever unit in the Gekko or Vyper.

I'm guessing that what he's looking for is the 3 gas nitrox computer functions. I'd be interested in this as well. Unfortunately Rainmans experience with gauge mode suggests that there are limits to how far you can go poking these bits.

I am pretty sure that Vyper and Gekko differ only in software (apart from the backlight not being there on a Gekko). That is, apparently it is even only a *setting* of the software.

Vytec is different in hardware and software, because of the air integration (and receiver)... it might be very much the same as the Cobra, which does air integration as well.

Key is: Gekko is younger than Vyper. That's probably why they are internally the same. Cobra and Vyper are older than Vytec. It is unlikely that these units are capable of calculating with multiple gasses (introduced in Vytec).

My $0.02.

Melle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom