Suunto Divemanager - 'free dives' mess up the dive nr count!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some help with Suunto DM:

I did 4 dives before byuing my DC.

Once I bought the DC, I did a 6 'free dives' in a pool to try it out, and then I went onto OW.

I have entered manually the first 4 dives (so they count 1-4).
The other OW dives however are numbered 10 - 16!!!!
I think this is because of the 6 freedives in betwen... but I can't get them off!?!?

I believe you can out the dives on an "Ignore Dives" List. That may solve the problem. Try It.

Safe Diving!

Tommed

Thanks Tommed! I have ignored the freedives, but did so only after they were downloaded... In my "all dives" folder, the dives cme out in the right order, but when i click on them respectively - then the dive number in the more detailed window (you know, where the time, SI etc etc is) is corrupt?

Cheers,
R

I've stumbled across the same problem, since training in the pool and stuff doesn't count... so I let the software give each dive whatever number it wants, but then I have a "custom" field where I assign each dive the right numer ("Dive #127" for example). That way, I can just skip those other dives that don't count.

Can't you just put the unwanted dives on an ignore list to keep them from downloading again, and then delete the unwanted dives in dive manager? I've done something like that to clear out teaching dives, multiple ascents while teaching, pool dives, etc. and have kept the numbers in syc with what I consider to be my "real" dives.

One thing I don't think you can change, though, is the "dive history" in the computer. This is where it shows the number of dives on the computer, deepest dive, etc. On that screen in my Vyper, it shows a lot more dives than I consider to be the "real" number and I assume it's because there is no way or I have not stumbled across a way to clear them from that field.

Hmmmm, I thought the 'ignore' feature was to do with printing... duh... maybe you're right and then they just disappear in the dive manager window. I should try that. Good though, that would clear up my log nicely! When a weekend of open water training dives ends up with 9 or 10 ascents, it would be nice to purge out the redundant ones :)
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom