Suunto Dive Manager 5 (DM5) missing SAC Rate and other problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
MacBook Pro, running Suunto DM 5. Downloaded Dive data from a Suunto D9.

Download from D9 to DM5 - no issues. Dives prior to DM5 shows complete data including SAC rate. Dives after DM5 upgrade is missing SAC rate but dive details shows PSI data every 20 seconds.

1. How do I get SAC rate to show on DM5?

2. How do I enter dive log details (eg buddy, boat name, etc) that was possible in DM3 but no longer available on DM5?

MacBook Pro, running Suunto DM 5. Downloaded Dive data from a Suunto D9.

Download from D9 to DM5 - no issues. Dives prior to DM5 shows complete data including SAC rate. Dives after DM5 upgrade is missing SAC rate but dive details shows PSI data every 20 seconds.

1. How do I get SAC rate to show on DM5?

2. How do I enter dive log details (eg buddy, boat name, etc) that was possible in DM3 but no longer available on DM5?

Change to Subsurface Subsurface | An open source divelog

Free, it does all you're asking for and more

Change to Subsurface Subsurface | An open source divelog

Free, it does all you're asking for and more

I tried Subsurface Mac version. I can't get it to connect to the Suunto. DM5 is able to download data from the Suunto but Subsurface can't. Anything I should do to make it work?

Also, can I run subsurface on my iPhone? Not practical to bring a Mac on Dive trips :).

Another Subsurface user here.
There are Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux ports of the program.
So far as I know there is no iOS or Android Port at this time.

However I work around this by uploading my dives from Subsurface to https://en.divelogs.de once I've completed the manual details.
Then I can access my dive history from a phone browser or borrowed computer if needed.

I tried Subsurface Mac version. I can't get it to connect to the Suunto. DM5 is able to download data from the Suunto but Subsurface can't. Anything I should do to make it work?

Also, can I run subsurface on my iPhone? Not practical to bring a Mac on Dive trips :).

Try the latest version of the Subsurface for MAC. If it still doesn't connect to your Suunto, you may need a special driver. I run subsurface on both Windoze and Linux.

I hope the developer of subsurface reads this and provides some guidance for Mac users.

I hope the developer of subsurface reads this and provides some guidance for Mac users.
Before you throw up your hands in despair, shouldn't you try it and see what happens?

The lead developer uses a Mac, you might be pleasantly surprised. . .

There is also a forum for Subsurface here: http://subsurface-divelog.org/user-forum/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom