Suunto Dive Log Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK - I've searched all over, and I cannot find a replacement for my "old school" red log book that came with my Suunto Favor (now I have a Vyper). The log book is specific for the computer because it has a little grid where you can log all levels of your dive in 3 minute increments. I contacted my local Sea Quest distributer (southern california) and they haven't had any in several years.

Do they not supply these with new computers any longer? Am I forced to use a computer version? I really don't have room in my suitcase to haul along my laptop. I like logging my dives on the boat, and would hate to have to give that up.

Any ideas from anyone out there? Or should I just go to a generic dive log book and give up logging my multi-level dive information?

sapphire

scubasean once bubbled...
Perhaps you can buy one of the inexpensive palm pilots and use a dive logger/planner with that?

--Sean

Thanks, Sean. I thought about that, but I use a Pocket PC and have found that some of the software designed for Palm doesn't work on my HP Journada. Do the ones for Palm electronically interface with the Suunto, or do you just enter the information manually? Do they make waterproof Palms :)??

There are interfaces that some folks have made that interface the suunto with a palm. And, there is software that those folks have written that downloads the computer.

I'll try to find the thread where the info is posted.

As for waterproofing...there are waterproof boxes that are the right size for a palm pilot. As we both know, you don't need it waterproof while you are using the palm.

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks, Sean, for the info. I look forward to whatever you can find!

sapphire :D

Hi Sapphire!

Here's a link to pocket PCs version . I didn't try it myself (as I don't have Suunto, yet :) ) , but it looks promising.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Have fun

khel

That looks like something that might work, thanks for sending that link. Maybe I will have to move into the dive log computer age after all! :puter:

sapphire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom