Suunto depth sensor failures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Rodraid any chance you could let me know the contact info you used for contacting Suunto repair facility? I mailed my repair request (I had to send in the form on paper because their automated system won't accept Canadian addresses) to the settlement administrator about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to at least know that Suunto has received the form but according to the person I just spoke with at the settlement administrator they can't help, all they do is supply information about the settlement. Since I have a definite sensor problem (my gekko currently is on the coffee table, beeping at me telling me I'm ascending too quickly and have a ceiling I'm supposed to ascend to at 312') I suspect it's just a matter of getting it to them and I'll be getting a new comp.

@Rodraid any chance you could let me know the contact info you used for contacting Suunto repair facility?

Here is the email address I corresponded with:

support-en@suunto.com

I received my replacement Cobra3 but only turned it on, it appears to work. Don't have any trips planned so will be a while before I test it out.

Big thumbs up to Suunto on how they handled my depth sensor failure & a big "Thank you" to JackD342 for his post about the settlement. I doubt I would have known about it if not for that post.

Rod

Thanks Rod! Hopefully an email will get me a better response.

Chipping in my personal experience. I had a 2013 Zoop from Leisurepro. Just this summer 2021 it started giving me an ERR and no depth reading during a dive. I also have an ancient mosquito which I just happened to be wearing that dive also. I prefered the mosquito to the zoop. I truthfully hated that zoop.

The zoop was so bare bones and hard to use from an interface perspective that I just didn't like it using it. It did not inspire confidence. The readings seemed slow and laggy and the screen was not very crisp.

I returned the broken Zoop to suunto in early Oct. I just now received in Nov. a new black Vyper Novo completely free of charge, even including shipping both ways.

Its a major upgrade for free. It is much snappier than the zoop, it has a compass, and also if I add a transmitter I'll have air integration.

A pretty sweet deal.🤠

Add me to list of Suunto pressure sensor victims. Had a Vytec die on me so sent it in. Apparently, although the model was in scope for the settlement free replacement, the serial number was not. I'm slowly replacing my gear (and the family's) to Shearwater, so this just accelerates that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom