Suunto D9tx no remaining air time display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harleythedog

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

Have a D9tx, air integrated, 8 total dives. First 2 dives, no issues. 3rd dive halfway through the remaining air time disappeared halfway through the dive. I thought I may of hit a button and didn't think anything of it (wasn't all the way through the manual). Next dive, no remaining air time display. Same with another set of dives, so it' gone. The pressure syncs up correctly, low air alarm chirps away with no issue, just no air time display. There are no numbers there, blank, no dashes, just blank spots where numbers should be. On one of the dives it showed a deep stop/ceiling and according to the manual a long "down" button press should toggle that between deepstop and remaining air time, but it doesn't. I can toggle through all the other displays just fine.

Wondering if anyone has seen this before. I hate to send it back, will take forever to get ti back. Any way to factory reset it ? I am suspecting I found a software bug.. lucky me. Should of bought a SW.

thanks

It's odd that all functions are displaying except "No Deco Dive Time Remaining". Also, what depth or depths were/are you diving ? My thoughts are;

1 - If your No Deco dive time remaining is more than 99 minutes, no value will be displayed.
2 - You mentioned seeing Deep Stop/Ceiling info. Are you sure you didn't somehow go into Deco ? When your NO DEC TIME becomes zero, your dive changes into a decompression dive. Therefore, you must perform one or more decompression stops on your way to the surface. The NO DEC TIME on your display will be replaced by an ASC TIME, and a CEILING notation will appear. An upward pointing arrow will also prompt you to start your ascent.
3 - Before you "splash", are you putting the D9 into Dive Mode. Yes, it automatically does it when it gets wet, but it is always good to test/sync before you splash.

4 - Shoot an email to Suunto support, they are good about responding.

Its not the No Deco Time, thats not showing, that shows with no issues. It is the Air Time Remaining. The D9 is air integrated so it shows me psi and should also calculate remaining air time based on current consumption. I don't rely on the reading but it should be there and its not so something is wrong.

I did contact Suunto and they implied I was doing something wrong. They did do it nicely but were positive it wasn't the computer. So it's getting sent back in.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom