Suunto D9 operation while on a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eduardo,

What model computer do you have? If you accidentally did a dive in "gauge" mode, you will automatically be locked out from all other modes for 48 hours. When in gauge mode the computer is not calculating nitrogen build up, so the 48 hour lockout is a safety precaution built in to the computer.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

hiredweapon,

I believe that you may have had your D9 in "Gauge" mode instead of "Ean" or Air" mode. Gauge mode is ment to be only a bottom timer, which is why your D9 did not display your no decompression time.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hello, my D9 showed low battery. I completed another dive. It showed all normal readings while on the dive, but when I checked the log it shows 3 dashes at the top for feet and 3 dashes at the bottom for dive time. I changed the battery, and went diving the following week in "air" mode. It reads ok on the dive but not logging/showing up in the log. I double checked every thing again and had the same results.Do I have a setting wrong?
Note: I dive with a back up computer for occurrences like this.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

That sounds like a possible pressure sensor malfunction. It would be best for you to send the computer into your nearest authorized Suunto service center for evaluation. You can locate your nearest Service center from the link provided. http://locator.suunto.com
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom