Suunto D6i novo with Oceanic Geo 2.0 backup - Algorithm setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdevic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I just bought a Suunto D6i novo with AI and I've decided to keep my Geo 2.0 as a backup.
I understand the default algorithm on Geo 2.0 is a lot more aggressive than Suunto (mine was the only oceanic and was the only one not beeping deco during a 145 ft group dive at the blue hole...)

is there a way to change the settings on Geo 2.0 to somewhat matches Suunto's algo?
Or should I just keep Geo2 as it is - if Suunto fails or NDL runs out, I turn to Geo2?

Thanks!

I assume you are diving your Geo in DSAT. The Geo 2 has 4 choices for deco algorithm. From most liberal to most conservative: DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservative factor, PZ+ with conservative factor. You can check 1st dive NDLs through the planning function and compare them to your Suunto (you could also set the Suunto to another setting, i.e. most liberal). That will not tell you about repetitive dives, but I would imagine the Oceanic will not become more conservative than the Suunto.

Or....just leave the Geo 2 alone at a more liberal setting than your Suunto and don't worry about it, use it if needed.

Out of interest, why did you choose a new primary computer that is more conservative than your previous primary? If you do not clear a deco obligation on your Suunto, you will be locked out in violation gauge mode and will not be able to use it as a dive computer for whatever period Suunto dictates, often 24 hours.

I assume you are diving your Geo in DSAT. The Geo 2 has 4 choices for deco algorithm. From most liberal to most conservative: DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservative factor, PZ+ with conservative factor. You can check 1st dive NDLs through the planning function and compare them to your Suunto (you could also set the Suunto to another setting, i.e. most liberal). That will not tell you about repetitive dives, but I would imagine the Oceanic will not become more conservative than the Suunto.

Or....just leave the Geo 2 alone at a more liberal setting than your Suunto and don't worry about it, use it if needed.

Out of interest, why did you choose a new primary computer that is more conservative than your previous primary? If you do not clear a deco obligation on your Suunto, you will be locked out in violation gauge mode and will not be able to use it as a dive computer for whatever period Suunto dictates, often 24 hours.

Yes my Geo 2 is on DSAT (all in default since I got it 2 years ago). The only reason I got a Suunto was because I wanted wireless AI and it was a good deal buying from UK - only 475GBP (600 USD) with free transmitter...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom