Suunto D6i air integration connectivity issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Suunto D6i with air integration. When my set was new, I did not have to pair it all the time. But 6 mos later I started having connectivity issues. Is that common sign of a week battery in the transmitter? I typically have to bring the watch close, go into pairing, turn it off, clear the code, go back to time, then go back and turn on again and pair.

Any similar experience and resolution? The issue appears to happen all the time now.

I have a Suunto D6i with air integration. When my set was new, I did not have to pair it all the time. But 6 mos later I started having connectivity issues. Is that common sign of a week battery in the transmitter? I typically have to bring the watch close, go into pairing, turn it off, clear the code, go back to time, then go back and turn on again and pair. . . . The issue appears to happen all the time now.
A logical question, before responding: Once you do sync the transmitter and the computer, does the air integration function normally underwater, or do you periodically lose the sync while diving as well?

Remote diagnosis is always a risky activity but one simple way to rule out a weak battery is replace it, and see if the problem is resolved. The battery is relatively inexpensive, probably less 'expensive' than the frustration you are encountering. Another, less appealing possibility is that you have partially flooded the transmitter compartment (I had this experience with a Suunto Transmitter last year, in fact). Removing the cover to replace the battery also allows for inspection of the unit to see if moisture has contaminated it, to clean it as necessary, and to replace the O ring as appropriate.

It's not a bad idea to have the battery replaced to rule that out. If it continues to have problems, then take it back to your local dive shop for service. If there is an issue with it, and as long as it was purchased from an authorized dealer, it should be covered under warranty.

A logical question, before responding: Once you do sync the transmitter and the computer, does the air integration function normally underwater, or do you periodically lose the sync while diving as well?

Remote diagnosis is always a risky activity but one simple way to rule out a weak battery is replace it, and see if the problem is resolved. The battery is relatively inexpensive, probably less 'expensive' than the frustration you are encountering. Another, less appealing possibility is that you have partially flooded the transmitter compartment (I had this experience with a Suunto Transmitter last year, in fact). Removing the cover to replace the battery also allows for inspection of the unit to see if moisture has contaminated it, to clean it as necessary, and to replace the O ring as appropriate.

As soon as I establish connection I am good throughout the dive. But I may have to repeat the routine on the second dive. In the past I was able to get close to the unit and it immediately paired.

I have a Suunto D6i with air integration. When my set was new, I did not have to pair it all the time. But 6 mos later I started having connectivity issues. Is that common sign of a week battery in the transmitter? I typically have to bring the watch close, go into pairing, turn it off, clear the code, go back to time, then go back and turn on again and pair.

Any similar experience and resolution? The issue appears to happen all the time now.

I'm currently having the same issue. About the only difference is, I'm losing connectivity randomly during the dive and occasionally it comes back on towards the end of my dive. I have changed the battery twice, and still have the same issue. So, either I've got really bad luck with batteries and it's the battery, or I'm going to have to send it in to get worked on. Don't have a "authorized" Suunto place that can work on them, just sell them out here where I'm at.

It's not a bad idea to have the battery replaced to rule that out. If it continues to have problems, then take it back to your local dive shop for service. If there is an issue with it, and as long as it was purchased from an authorized dealer, it should be covered under warranty.

It would be best to have the authorized dealer do the battery replacement and document the process.

I had a similar problem with a Suunto Vyper Air I bought in December on Maui. While doing drift dives in Jupiter it started giving me problems. I had the battery replaced just in case. The problem continued to the point it would no longer connect. After returning home, I had my LDS send it in for warranty repair. Suunto denied the warranty claim saying it had the wrong battery and wrong O-ring. The problem is I watched the replacement and the O-ring was not replaced and the battery was the same part number (maybe different brand). The incident cost me $450 for a new transmitter.

Next time I will send it directly to Suunto so there will be no room to question.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom