Suunto D6 temp/depth reading wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloudflint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I was out diving with my suunto D6 and the temperature was reading 87 degrees Celsius (This in about 10c water with air temps around 15c) and as I went deeper I was getting an increasing error in the depth reading (depth reading 2 meters too deep at 14m).

Today ive given it a soak in warm water to remove any salt and ive wetted/dried the AC contacts a few times and it was still giving an incorrect temperature reading so I took the battery out and put it back in and im still getting incorrect temperature readings. (havent been able to test the depth sensor at sufficient pressure to see if there is still an error.).

Just wondering if anyone as any ideas for anything I can try? Temperature and depth sensors as responding which makes me think its most likley a calibration issue?

Thanks.

Sometimes the internal unit (with sensors) just goes bad. My D9 died after about 5 years in pretty dramatic fashion (in mid-dive it had me shooting to the surface when the depth sensor failed). It is fixable, but it is an expensive fix as they have to replace the guts of the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom