Suunto D4i AND Vyper Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

killface

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all!

I finally pulled the trigger on gear in anticipation of a DM course next year. Last year I bought a D4i, which I have no complaints about. I can see it fine underwater with my RX mask. Taking advantage of the free wireless transmitter offer and board poster suggestions, I bought a Suunto Vyper Air and now find myself with 2x watch-style computers.

As I also wear a Highland bungee wrist compass on my 'other hand,' what do you folks do with your 2nd computer? Having never dived with the Vyper, I'm not sure which I'll use primarily. Historically, I almost never take my D4i off while on vacation.

Additionally, is it possible / advisable / inadvisable to pair both computers with my wireless tank pressure transmitter?

In case it matters, I have a brass and glass SPG for backup.

On a side-note, the free transmitter deal is MUCH better than the free t-shirt and neoprene mask strap protector I got with my watch. Ahhhh well - better than nothing.

Pairing both computers to one transmitter should not be a problem. The transmitter sends out a signal and it is up to the computer to pick up that signal.

One transmitter, 2 or multiple computers/receivers, no problem. Think of your transmitter as a radio station, and your computers as a radio or car stereo. "Who wants to tune in to the broadcast" ? I do (D4i) & Vyper air (me too).

Thanks!

I'm thinking it must be possible, but I don't have a cylinder to test this on. No worries though, I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to test this soon.

I am still looking for advice or board thoughts around how anybody dives with 2x computers, especially 2 watch-style computers plus a wrist-mounted (bungee) compass. I don't know if I should just keep one in a pocket, if it's worth putting it on a re-tractor or just attaching it to a d-ring, leave it in my dive bag OR attach it to my wrist.

I'm sure I'll figure out what works for me when I've got dives ahead of me, but I'd love to hear your thoughts before I try re-inventing the wheel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom