Suunto D4i and DM4 connection problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicxy69

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Can someone help me please.

I bought a Suunto D4i with the computer connection cable and did what the manual told me in downloading DM4 with movescount and installed it onto my PC (not MAC) but whenever I try to connect my D4i it shows data transfer on the watch but nothing happens on my PC the software says no device is connected. when i then unplug the computer from the cable the time is then wrong by the amount of minutes that it was connected to my PC.

Can anyone help please. I love my computer and really want to transfer my dives to my PC but it is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Vicki

Yes but I was told that the D4i is not compatible with DM3 only DM4. You think it will work?

Hi Vicxy,

please make sure you've selected D4i (and not D4) on the "Connect another device" menu. If this does not help, please contact our very helpful and professional Suunto Helpdesk team at Contact Us | Suunto. They are very efficient and can help you with troubleshooting!

Kind regards,
\Pia from Suunto

of course I have the right device selected. No that I have installed DM3 it seems to work fine. I tried to sign up to the Suunto help but once I activated my account it kept telling me I was logging in with the wrong details and then blocked me. We shall see how it goes after my dives tomorrow and whether or not they transfer.

Vicki,

The problem is with the Cable. The old cable for the D4 does not work with the D4i. I went through the same issues a couple of months ago. They have issued a ne cable. the product # for the correct cable is SS018214000.

However, I found that the DM4 program is not worth the cost of the cable seeing as it is "basic" at best and you cant print anything (not even the profile).

Hope this helps.

STUI

STUI,

Download the latest version of DM4 (1.1.2.1414). It's still "basic" and there are still features missing, but you can sort-of print now. There is an "Export to PDF" function that allows you to create a PDF file that you can then print. The issue that I have is that the PDF generated is sized as A4 and not 8.5 by 11 inches (for us in the US). I'd like to print out each dive in a 4 by 7 inch size (or whatever the standard size is) so that I can punch holes in it and insert it into my small three ring dive log binder.

Thank you donaldsa, I'll give it a try.

As for printng a 4x6.5 sheet:
Assuming you are using adobe, do you only the reader or do you have access to a writer as well? Not knowing what DM4 generates when it creates the pdf... eg) 1 sheet per pdf? then if you have a pdf writer of your own you can combine doucuments (add pages) before printing. If you only have the reader, you can still print the size you want, but you'll have lots of scrap (recycling) after cutting.

Anyway... Pick print... when the print screen comes up, pick the page scaling box (found on the left, below the middle), pick "mutiple pages per sheet". If you pick 2 per sheet you will have 2 sheets that would fit a 5x8 log book (half of 8.5X11). If you have 4 x 6.5 log book, instead of picking 2, pick custom, then manually indicate "1" by "2", then make sure the "Auto-Rotate pages" box is UN-clicked. You should see 2 on one sheet but they will be vertical with lots of white on each side. They measure out to 4 x 5.5. You can get 4 on one page by picking 4 (or custom "2" by "2") but they will be a wee bit smaller. This will save paper however, if you have the ability to combine the pages on one pdf file.

Give it a try and let me know how it works.

Vicki,

The problem is with the Cable. The old cable for the D4 does not work with the D4i. I went through the same issues a couple of months ago. They have issued a ne cable. the product # for the correct cable is SS018214000.

However, I found that the DM4 program is not worth the cost of the cable seeing as it is "basic" at best and you cant print anything (not even the profile).

Hope this helps.

STUI

You most likely have the old download cable. Did the same thing, tried to use my cable from my previous computer and had to get the new cable. No problems after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom