Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strima77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 9 year old Suunto Cobra that just had a battery replaced, seemed to work at the surface but upon diving did not go into dive mode except it showed air pressure. Same thing on 2nd dive. Is this just the case of an older computer starting to fail. Shop says it didn't reset any functions, simply replaced the battery. Is it worth trying to fix or should I look for a new one? Thanks.

I had one do the same thing after 4 years. The depth sensor had failed. Not sure how much it would have cost without warranty. Since it was within 5 years they replaced it for free. First dive after replacement, the computer is leaking air now... Not going back to Suunto personally.

I had a similar failure on my Suunto Zoop. The local dive shop actually stopped carrying the Suuntos because they were having so many depth sensor failures.
This was the first I've heard about this being a wide spread problem. Has anyone else been seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you can contact Suunto about a cost of a repair. But I don't think they will do it due to the age of the unit. Sounds like you may have to start looking for a new unit. If so, what are your future plans for types of diving. Keep that in mind when selecting a new computer. B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom