Suunto Cobra vs. Uwatec Aladin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any big differences between these computers(Cobra vs. Aladin) that I should know about before I throw down my hard earned money? I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks
Mike

I don't know about Mike, but I am curious as to how the Cobra compares to the Aladin Z O2. Assuming money was not an issue, is there any reason to choose the Cobra over the Aladin Z?

The Aladin Z O2 is a better computer if you're willing to pay the extra several hundred dollars. I own a Cobra now as my only computer. I will be buying the Aladin Z O2 this summer to be my primary computer and then use the Cobra as a backup computer. (I'm starting tech classes). Either way, you can't go wrong. They're both top of the line computers and you'll be the envy of any rec diver if you own either one. By the way, if you get the Cobra, get the PC downloader. For the extra $150 it is well worth it especially in using the very detailed dive printouts as your divelog.

The difference is in how they monitor PO2 for Nitrox and nitrogen when diving air: in other words their algorithms. The Suuto line uses the Reduced Bubble Gradient while the Uwatec line uses the ZHL8 ADT model. Both are considered top of the line in how they calculate no-stop diving. However, the Uwatec line seems to get slightly better recommendations due to how it monitors the tissue saturation (or so I am told). Do a search and decide which is better for your type of diving. I do agree with the others that you'll be the envy with either computer model.

Back
Top Bottom