Suunto Cobra query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mig_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I dove with my new Suunto Cobra for the first time last weekend and I have just noticed that when I downloaded my dives it didn't record the tank pressure decreasing. It recorded the tank pressure at the beginning and at the end, but not every 20 seconds as it did with the depth. I also don't remember hearing the alarm go off at 50 bar, which I read it was supposed to in the manual.

Is there something wrong with my computer or do I need to change the settings maybe? Any ideas? :icon5:

Suunto's Dive Manager program only displays the starting and ending pressure on the air consumption page; you can view your tank pressure throughout your dive by looking at the graph profile of your dive. As far as the low pressure alarm you should check the setting ,I do beleive they are factory set to 700 psi which is just shy of 50 bar.

The Cobra only records air pressure as the start and end values. It does not record pressure samples like it does depth. If SDM shows you a graph of air consumption on the "dive Graph", it is a calculated estimate not Actual values. This is true of the Vytec as well. Only the new Cobra2s record pressure in the sample interval.

The alarm will sound 3 double beeps at 50 bar and again at 35 bar. It has been my experience that these beeps can be rather hard to hear if you are exhaling or if you have a hood on.

I can verify that it is hard to hear the beeps with a hood on because I almost never hear my Vytec's beeps. I dive with a thick hood and imagine that the intensity of the beeps generated by the Vytec and Cobra are similar, if not equal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom