Suunto Cobra PC Interface issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

101 Recon is Correct.

Your Suunto Computer not only needs to be on but needs to be in the TC - PC mode.

I got the same error you did "Device not found".

Its a cool program.

I had the same problem with my Vyper. After I saw PC-transfer mode on the display I still had to press the Mode button to select that mode. The problem is the "select" LCD display is very small and easy to miss.

JB:
Had the same problem with the USB interface from Germany. Windows vista automatically loads the Suunto driver, you have to get rid of this and load the driver that comes on the disc supplied with the interface. Seems like you had a different problem though.

I have a VYPER2 and the USB lead from Germany .... all was working fine, but now after a rebuild all I get is "Device not found"

Installed SDM ver 3.1.0
Removed SUUNTO driver (using control panel uninstall)
Installed driver supplied on disc

As soon as I plug in lead it is recognised (COM4)

VYPER disply goes " Data Transfer"
The wizrd windoiw shows step 1/6 ...
I press next ... it shows "searching for device"

after a while it comes back "device not found" :depressed:

I have a VYPER2 and the USB lead from Germany .... all was working fine, but now after a rebuild all I get is "Device not found"

Installed SDM ver 3.1.0
Removed SUUNTO driver (using control panel uninstall)
Installed driver supplied on disc

As soon as I plug in lead it is recognised (COM4)

VYPER disply goes " Data Transfer"
The wizrd windoiw shows step 1/6 ...
I press next ... it shows "searching for device"

after a while it comes back "device not found" :depressed:

I bought a German USB cable for my Vyper and just used the stock drivers, I did not install drivers from the CD. Can you recover the drivers?

Adam

I removed De drivers, did a full de-install of SDM and re-install which put the Suunto USB drivers on PC.
Without adding the De drivers .. tried it ... still same, device nor found.

The PC .. had a HDD fail in Raid array ... so replaced them with 2 x 1TB HDD, and had to do a full re-install of VISTA. (now SP2)

The Suunto cable, although usb, is a serial device. When you connect the cable your computer assigns a com port. Make sure that the com port on your computer is the same as the one in the dowload dropdown in the Suunto software.

Update .... contacvted manufcaturer of USB lead (Germany)

It turns out it does not support SDM later than version 2.7 ..... it will not work with ver 3.
Removed 3 and installed 2.7 and all OK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom