Suunto Cobra commputer locked up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Suunto Cobra computer locked up on my 2nd dive the other day. As I was descending I noticed that the depth was not changing. This happened once before and was resolved by taking the battery out and then replacing it. This time it is reading 10’ on the surface, and appears to be reading 10’ deeper at all times. Also, it will not reset by pushing the reset button.
Any ideas, or do I need to send it to the shop?

I'd guess your depth sensor is failing or having trouble communicating- that's pretty critical so I would suggest it go in for repair or warranty.

I just talked to my shop about a new computer for my wife. They indicated that Suunto has had a known issue with sensors. Apparently they have been having quality control problems with a "small number" of their computers. He went on to say that Suunto has been good about replacing faulty units. He didn't say if they were replacing them with refurbished units though.

Back
Top Bottom