Suunto algorithms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do all Suunto computers use the same or similar algorithms? Mainly is the Eon about as conservative as the other models?

The same fundamental algorithm (RGBM). There are some minor differences from algorithm improvements (Technical, Fused RGBM) in more advanced models (DX, Eon). Higher-end models like the DX and the Eon (not sure what the full list is) can also be set to negative conservatism, P-1 and P-2.

In my experience most of them are the same. The latest 'Novo' ones I have not used but guess they will be similar to the equivalent older models.

The Helo2 and d9tx have p-1 and p-2. In p0 they are the same as a Zoop, Vyper etc. The Helo2 handles how it shows time to surface differently but the profiles are the same.

The DX and Eon are different. I have done a fair number of mild deco dives with buddies using both and not seen anything unusual - compared to the Helo2. However, doing more serious depths it looks like you get punished if diving just air. 18/35 etc seems ok. Try prospective dives in DM5.

The same fundamental algorithm (RGBM). There are some minor differences from algorithm improvements (Technical, Fused RGBM) in more advanced models (DX, Eon). Higher-end models like the DX and the Eon (not sure what the full list is) can also be set to negative conservatism, P-1 and P-2.
At 30 m on air P-2 has the same NDL as DSAT, 20 min. P1 has the same NDL as PZ+, 16 min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom