SURPRISE!!! Dive-O-Rama Banner Studies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
try flipping your undies the other way - the "pocket" goes in the front.

this might remove some of the complication

Jag
I don't have one of those anymore jag.. I use YC BIKINI BRIEF.. YC BIKINI BRIEF... YC BIKINI BRIEF!!!!!! :)

yomar:
I don't have one of those anymore jag.. I use YC BIKINI BRIEF.. YC BIKINI BRIEF... YC BIKINI BRIEF!!!!!! :)
in which case color-coding yung refernce mo: yellow in front, brown in the back :wink:

btw, wala pa akong contact for local repair, so far yung isang prof photog that i asked is sponsored by canon so he gets all his canon stuff done with canon - i asked him if the quiapo people were any good and he gave me this wide-eyed fearful stare... and lightly shook his head... i didn't push further hehehehe

Jag

shugar:
in which case color-coding yung refernce mo: yellow in front, brown in the back :wink:

btw, wala pa akong contact for local repair, so far yung isang prof photog that i asked is sponsored by canon so he gets all his canon stuff done with canon - i asked him if the quiapo people were any good and he gave me this wide-eyed fearful stare... and lightly shook his head... i didn't push further hehehehe

Jag
Too late!! I went to quiapo earlier. There's this shop called DONG CAMERA REPAIR CENTER along Padre gomez street. Talked to the owner, Dong Gales and inquired about my camera's condition. He told me that he could repair it and gave me a job order complete with their address, landline and cellphone numbers and the list of all the items i left with the shop. The estimate he gave me was quite reasonable with 2mos warranty, so I agreed. The shop is small pero hindi naman ako nagkaroon ng masamang kutob talking with the owner.

Does your photog friend know of any other reputable shops that can fix 25 year old yashica manual slrs? Napaisip tuloy ako hahaha. But what the heck, andun na eh. :)

Also, does CSB offer photog courses? I learned how to use manual SLRs the cheap way... asking around, reading manuals, experience... but I think it's about time for me to do a crash course at least. :wink:

TIA, jag!

yomar:
Also, does CSB offer photog courses? I learned how to use manual SLRs the cheap way... asking around, reading manuals, experience... but I think it's about time for me to do a crash course at least. :wink:

TIA, jag!
there's a 1-year diploma course in photography - it takes you through the whole gamut of the craft from b/w manual SLRs to DSLRs, studio lighting, art photography, medium and large format - i think even high-end art photography (platinum and solar printing among others) kasi 2 of the guys running the program are kick as photogs who do these types of prints

you won't need your own camera coz we'll provide it

Jag

shugar:
there's a 1-year diploma course in photography - it takes you through the whole gamut of the craft from b/w manual SLRs to DSLRs, studio lighting, art photography, medium and large format - i think even high-end art photography (platinum and solar printing among others) kasi 2 of the guys running the program are kick as photogs who do these types of prints

Jag

So, do they need someone to teach the UW part and do they pay well? I need to move eventually.....:wink:

Mike Veitch:
So, do they need someone to teach the UW part and do they pay well? I need to move eventually.....:wink:
well at this point none... of course i haven't requested the budget for a nikon S2 or S3 ikelite housing and a couple of strobes...

does it pay well? nowhere close to what you are currently making... but it does leave you a lot of time to do practially anything else you want

but if you do move and they do offer electives in u/w photog (a tiny percentage will be certified if at all) i will definitely ask you... or gutsy tuazon hehehehe but i know you and i currently bask in your glory and drop your name so so far you're up

Jag

PS
would you work for teacher's pay if i hire ish to teach too?

shugar:
or gutsy tuazon hehehehe but i know you and i currently bask in your glory and drop your name so so far you're up

Jag

PS
would you work for teacher's pay if i hire ish to teach too?

I come with my own housing and camera....

Gutsy?!?! Hmm, he does have the whole Tagalog thing over me....

Ish? I'm there.... :D

Mike Veitch:
I come with my own housing and camera....

Gutsy?!?! Hmm, he does have the whole Tagalog thing over me....

Ish? I'm there.... :D
and what will the students use? disposable kodaks?

but gutsy doesn't have a ppd tag :eyebrow

@ish: so... what can you teach?

Jag

shugar:

Jag
I'm very interested! But I think I'm going to have probs with the schedule. i'll drop by CSB to inquire. Actually, photog is just a little hobby of mine. I don't plan on becoming the next ansel adams or mike veitch... I just like taking photos :) (But I have a PPD tag just like mike veitch hehehe)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom