SURFACE Movie for Television

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NigerHadiza

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Well, I am currently in Japan but my mother is kind enough to tape local television shows in Ohio. Yay for my mother! I can only take so much Japanese TV.

I am sure you have all heard of it, "Surface". What do you think of it? I thought my mom was taping it to scare me off as a new diver. haha! She also thinks that it is sort of stupid but a little interesting at times.

Any comments?

I've only watched a couple of episodes, but I didnt like it at all. That may just be me... but I just didnt like it.

My opinion, for what it is worth, but it is absolutely ludicrous... and yet I've watched at least two episodes. Pretty far fetched story line, pretty unrealistic diving, pretty absurd USB (Unidentified Swimming Beast). I guess the idea that there might be an attractive female marine biologist out there is what made me watch. At least I continue editing my video during the show.

PS- I just looked at your profile picture. Your eyes look like you just saw the USB in the show and weren't sure whether to laugh... or cry!

And is that supposed to be a compliment? Well, anyway, the movie sucks yeah...but I just wondered what everyone thought.....if everyone only includes two people so be it. :)

drbill:
PS- I just looked at your profile picture. Your eyes look like you just saw the USB in the show and weren't sure whether to laugh... or cry!

Hey Bill,

You're right. His profile pic does look like the guy in the first episode
when he was diving and first saw the "beast". He had the same
expression with his eyes!

BTW... my take on the show is that it's pretty lame and pretty much
can be watched in "fast forward" if you recorded it.

Mike S- I do believe the eyes are those of a lady, not a gent!

NigerHadiza- Take it as a compliment (or not). Have you done any diving in Japan yet. I know there are several places in the main islands, but that a lot of Japanese divers travel to Okinawa or other locations.

I gather you enjoy teaching English in Japan since this is your second year. I had given some thought to doing this as well since I wanted to immerse myself in another culture.

Back
Top Bottom